Homebrew Custom install error

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was installing some .cia files to my sd card using custom install, and after a while the program stopped and gave me this error: pyctr.crypto.seeddb.MissingSeedError: 000400000018a400
So I put my SD card back on my 3ds to see if any games got installed, and it seems something did get copied, because my SD card has a lot less free space than before, but I cannot see the games, and whenever I try to use custom install again I get the same error.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, it seems when the install failed it did not copy a single game, the difference in storage space was because of another couple of games I installed yesterday that I wasn't taking into account. Still, the install process stops at some point, so I'll just try to install a few games at a time to figure out which one is failing.

[EDIT2]
Nope, I'm not able to install games using custom install anymore, I keep getting the error.

Last edited by tmnr1992,

MoeTech0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Use FBI or GM9 to install cias
2. go to settings and see if ur games are there
3. delete them try again using fbi

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not familiar with this app, try to re-download the cia file or re-dump if you're using your cart for this, then try again. That error says "seed" you can import seed with Fbi after the game is installed with the connection on.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was installing some .cia files to my sd card using custom install, and after a while the program stopped and gave me this error: pyctr.crypto.seeddb.MissingSeedError: 000400000018a400
So I put my SD card back on my 3ds to see if any games got installed, and it seems something did get copied, because my SD card has a lot less free space than before, but I cannot see the games, and whenever I try to use custom install again I get the same error.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, it seems when the install failed it did not copy a single game, the difference in storage space was because of another couple of games I installed yesterday that I wasn't taking into account. Still, the install process stops at some point, so I'll just try to install a few games at a time to figure out which one is failing.

[EDIT2]
Nope, I'm not able to install games using custom install anymore, I keep getting the error.

You could also always try and ask the developer for help... https://github.com/ihaveamac/custom-install/issues https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...a-nintendo-3ds-sd-card-entirely-on-pc.551496/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.