custom homebrew channel forwarder

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello, I am very new into the Nintendo WIi homebrew scene. I would like to create a custom homebrew channel forwarder WAD, how would this be possible.
If you dont understand what i mean, an example could be the Reese's Puffs Channel.

Thanks so much.

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use customize mii to modify an existing channel that works

Or inject a new forwarder dol into a wad using customize mii, but build the dol using modmii classic's advanced downloads page
Hey, thanks. Do you know where I can find one of these forwarder DOL files? I’m pretty new so don’t understand too much; or, how do I build one with modmii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you want to do this you’re going to need to put in a little bit of effort. It’s very easy though so don’t get discouraged.

To extract a dol from a WAD, load it with customize mii and extract the dol.

To build one with ModMii, install modmii, start modmii classic, enter “A” for advance downloads” then “F” to being a forwarder, then choose the type of forwarder you want to build, give it a name etc, then enter “D” to download and “Y” to confirm.

Once you have the dol, load up your new WAD in customize mii, and insert the new dol you just built\extracted

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to do this you’re going to need to put in a little bit of effort. It’s very easy though so don’t get discouraged.

To extract a dol from a WAD, load it with customize mii and extract the dol.

To build one with ModMii, install modmii, start modmii classic, enter “A” for advance downloads” then “F” to being a forwarder, then choose the type of forwarder you want to build, give it a name etc, then enter “D” to download and “Y” to confirm.

Once you have the dol, load up your new WAD in customize mii, and insert the new dol you just built\extracted
Okay, thanks. Do you know where I can obtain the WAD for the homebrew channel? As I currently do not have on, it is only installed to the system and not on the SD card.

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can be any channel, doesn't have to be the hbc, u change it to load what u want and look how u want

Here's a wad for the hbc just in case
all is well and good, until i go click on the channel. once i click the channel i get the message "the system files are corrupted please refer to the manual" i fix this by turning my wii off and on again but it still happens; its not a brick, but i cannot navigate to the channnel. any solutions?

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did u replace the dol? The hbc isn't a great starting base wad, it's unique in a few ways. For example if u just change the title ID and nothing else u will break its return to functionality
alright. ill try making some other forwarders. thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: