Custom game boot screen?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by caladbolgII, Feb 10, 2016.

1. caladbolgII
    OP

caladbolgII Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    Is there some homebrew that changes the 3ds logo when booting up a game? Kind of like the custom themes in psp cfw. I tried searching but I couldn't find anything

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Homebrew? Almost definitely no. If the game is a CIA installed in CFW, you could probably replace the banner. If it's on a cart then it's unlikely you'd be able to replace it as the banner would be on the cart itself. It would involve a change to the firmware to get it to load the banner from elsewhere.

3. caladbolgII
    OP

caladbolgII Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    I see. Thanks

4. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    You mean the 3DS logo with waves? That's probably not even part of the game data, likely part of the system (maybe home or something)

5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    The closest you could come to that would be rebuilding the CIA with an RSF that indicates a custom logo (this is how the HB Launcher CIA does it), but makerom doesn't support animated ones yet. It'd also be annoying to make a proper RSF for each game, so it'd hardly be worth the effort.

6. Alex3dss

Alex3dss I like sharing Japanese music

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    Think its not possible because its stored on the nand

7. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    actually that would make it more plausible if we could find what CIA on nand contained the file decrypt it replace the files and recompile it could work on EMUnand since it bypasses signature checks.

(but it takes decypting NAND files QQ)

its not as easy as the PSP where you just made a game.pmf file (using sonys video tools) and just copied it over to nand

Alex3dss and Thelostrune like this.
  8. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    Then how did Yellows8 replace it on his Homebrew Launcher CIA?

Alex3dss likes this.
  9. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    CIAs can contain their own banner and launch screen. It's even easier with homebrew as I believe you can specify the banner and launch image when you compile the app into a CIA.

10. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    when I look at makerom, the "Homebrew" logo is probably hard-coded into makerom. I could be wrong, but...
    https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/commit/085e37296e42443f55461047f5dddf4ff1ce3a26

this means you can set this line in the .rsf to "Homebrew" now:
    https://github.com/Steveice10/buildtools/blob/master/3ds/template.rsf#L4