Custom Firmware and System Transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GlitchMC, Aug 11, 2016.

1. GlitchMC
    OP

GlitchMC Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    I've been reading around to get an answer for this, but I am not completely sure, and would like some confirmation.

If I have installed a cfw on a N3DS, can I system transfer TO the N3DS FROM a non cfw o3DS without issues?

Issues that I'm concerned with being CIAs, the cfw itself (will it be removed?) and whether or not this could brick either system.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    System transfer is fine, you won't brick, an you'll only have a problem with the N3DS if any of the required files are missing from the SD card when you go to start it up again.

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You should be fine. If no matter what it won't remove your CFW as CFW is never really installed to the system (unless you count certain versions of A9LH, but it's not installed to the actual firmware)
    System transfer only really copies legitimately installed titles and saves from one console to another (or more likely it just tells the "new" console what games to download from Ninty servers), as well as unlinking the NNID from the old and transferring it to the new console.