Hardware Custom External HDD Issues (Enclosure & HDD brands)

koala.monk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got some sort of a custom External drive maybe. I say it's a custom coz it's not like those wd, seagate or many other branded external hdd.

Well mine is a Seagate Barracuda 3,5" 1tb 32mb 7200rpm (st31000528as), the enclosure is a Satellite AX-321, maybe kinda cheap set, but it all ends on how compatible is your set with wii apps.

Mine unluckly has shown issues with cfg usb loader, usb loader GX, neogamma r8 (gonna test r9), but worked with uloader, but the bad deal with it that some games won't go with, such as monster hunter tri or any other games that relies on 249 (if there is a way to run uloader with 249, please share), still got the wiiflow to test.

And i got no partitions in my HDD other than default one, in terms of wii, a single partition wbfs formated with wbfs manager 3.0.

So I wanted to know how you guys dealt with it? Anyone with the same hard drive or any workaround?

Thx in advance.

koala.monk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koala.monk said:
Well I got some sort of a custom External drive maybe. I say it's a custom coz it's not like those wd, seagate or many other branded external hdd.

Well mine is a Seagate Barracuda 3,5" 1tb 32mb 7200rpm (st31000528as), the enclosure is a Satellite AX-321, maybe kinda cheap set, but it all ends on how compatible is your set with wii apps.

Mine unluckly has shown issues with cfg usb loader, usb loader GX, neogamma r8 (gonna test r9), but worked with uloader, but the bad deal with it that some games won't go with, such as monster hunter tri or any other games that relies on 249 (if there is a way to run uloader with 249, please share), still got the wiiflow to test.

And i got no partitions in my HDD other than default one, in terms of wii, a single partition wbfs formated with wbfs manager 3.0.

So I wanted to know how you guys dealt with it? Anyone with the same hard drive or any workaround?

Thx in advance.

Well since got the solution myself after searching for a while, just formated the partition (it used to be wbfs) as ntfs and created a folder called wbfs and converted all my .iso files to .wbfs. files. thanks to dr. clipper for the hint.
And well although people may chose to stick to list of compatible ext. hdd you may as well try some other different enclosures & hdd and if you got your ext. hdd and it's not on the list feel free to post your set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...