Hacking Custom Dongle with ESP8266?

Selegans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So yeah, I've been seeing that a lot of boards have been used to make custom dongles (Adafruit, Chinese USB, etc), this in order to make a homemade dongle for loading Payloads.
Now, I have a Node MCU board but unfortunately I don't have any USB to USB C adapters right now to test it, but doing some research I found a series of videos that allow me to load Payloads onto the PS4 using this device.

My question are:

¿is it possible to make a dongle using this module for the Nintendo Switch?
¿can I even use the same software as the video that allows me to upload a payload?

Last edited by Selegans,

Fleetscut

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
technically the esp8266 supports micropython so you may be able to run the fusee gelee exploit from it. the questions are, do the exploit scripts use any libraries/features not supported on micropython, and is there enough storage onboard the chip to store the interpreter, script, and payload.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no usb host support. i use esp8266 and have a second one i got for ps4 and i think that is the issue with it...but it could host the pegaswitch exploit in offline? Although i have two ESP8266's i'm just A user of these things and have no knowledge of the device but have just rigged up an m0 trinket with some header pins and a detachable battery with hekate on it..i'd say the amount of memory the esp has is enough for the exploit. but what do I know...not very much i'll tell u that. Also now u don't even need the esp board to host the exploit as they now run it from the way the ps4 browser since they know more about how it caches things or something like that. But I still use one esp for it and haven't switched over.

Last edited by link42586,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ESP8266 does not support USB host mode, as the last post said. The PS4 exploit is done by acting as a wifi access point that the PS4 connects to, and the payload is initiated via the PS4s web browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...