Hacking Custom Channels

Bumblebee 2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the help... so it's PAL channel !!

Is there a Gnuboy NTSC channel floating around?

Would that also happen (This Channel Cannot Be Used) if I try to install a PAL VC or Wiiware game on my NTSC Wii, or would it brick or semi-brick?

Thanks again, BumbleBee

* I like your pix jinxvorheeze, with the Ring girl crawling outta the Gameboy!!

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

It will not brick the Wii, it will just not allow it to use the channel. VC and Wiiware games are region protected, although using Freethewads usually works to allow use on any region, some games (like DefendYourCastle) cannot be unlocked and must be obtained for the correct region. Installing other-region channels and banners will not brick or semi-brick your Wii, the channels simply wont work.

slimpyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with that mplayer channel. it installs a channel, correct? so do i STILL need to have the mplayer files on the sd card? i was under the impression if i installed a channel, any files were packed into the wad. so it doesnt have anydependancies

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone tell me what the MAG installer/loader does pl0x?

tongue.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
MAG loader loads .elf files AFAIK. (so is some kind of homebrew launcher).

however i can't seem to get it tow work... i suspect because i have no gamecube controller.

samhush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12,

I changed my link because I updated the Wad to include author signature and version info. Please update link on first page.

Thanks...

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which atari, the atari ST emulator that came out 5 months ago, why would you want that? it cant even load roms!
there is a C64 emu for the wii, however, it is very early and only emulates the screen.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm, is there anybody who knows how to edit the elf/dol file of mplayer dvd and for the elf/dol file of wad manager 1.1?

they both return to loader when cloased but as a wad they should reset the wii cause each time i use them and close them afterwards i need to hard reset the wii cause of a code dump, but i find it pretty handy to have those progs as a channel for easy access...

any ideas on how to do that?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
Neither of them support WAD Exit.

MPlayer DVD has available source code.
I believe only WAD Manager 1.0 has source code available.

and then again i never coded so i was hoping there was a simple solution... but i guess there isn't... it would be great though if they had a wii reset function...

Bumblebee 2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
which atari, the atari ST emulator that came out 5 months ago, why would you want that? it cant even load roms!
there is a C64 emu for the wii, however, it is very early and only emulates the screen.

Well that sucks!!, that the Atari can't load roms yet, and hopefully someone would complete the C64 emu.

Thanks BumbleBee

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bumblebee 2009 said:
samsam12 said:

Well that sucks!!, that the Atari can't load roms yet, and hopefully someone would complete the C64 emu.

Thanks BumbleBee
they are still busy porting the frodo emulator to wii, so don't worry it will be completed
smile.gif

Bumblebee 2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
Bumblebee 2009 said:
samsam12 said:

Thanks BumbleBee
they are still busy porting the frodo emulator to wii, so don't worry it will be completed
smile.gif

Hi, what exactly is the Frodo emulator, I've never heard of it?

Thanks BumbleBee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm