SuperQuick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,
I was wandering what the current status of hacking is for the 3DS? I read around and found that you'll need some kind of flash card to be able to hack the 3DS, but what is it for? Since at the current stage games can't be cracked and downloaded then are there some other things that can be done from hacking the 3DS? Will games ever be hacked for the 3DS like for the Wii?
Thanks.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
As of now, nothing is possible yet. The devs are on it tho and they are now strugling with removing the silicon layer from the RAM and NAND chips. It will be hacked in time. Just not yet.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
*picks up his magic 8-ball and it say: READ THE OTHER GOD DAMN TOPICS!*

Enough already! Their is plenty of threads about this. We will never know in forhand how well the 3DS will be hacked or if it even will be hacked.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The current status is 3DS mode unhacked, DS mode hacked.

When you can not pay for your games anymore, there will be a news post in the front page, until then just wait.

SuperQuick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quincy said:
As of now, nothing is possible yet. The devs are on it tho and they are now strugling with removing the silicon layer from the RAM and NAND chips. It will be hacked in time. Just not yet.

Ikki said:
The current status is 3DS mode unhacked, DS mode hacked.

When you can not pay for your games anymore, there will be a news post in the front page, until then just wait.

Ok thanks. I read another article saying Nintendo has this anti-hack policy where they will inject your 3DS with a "system update" that bricks your device the moment you connect to wifi, if your system is found to contain "manipulated files". They are making this unavoidable since their system automatically grabs data from your device the moment wifi is connected, and that "system update" is done without user consent. Did anyone hear about this, seems pretty scary. :wtf:

QUOTE(linuxares @ Apr 27 2011, 01:56 PM)

Enough already! Their is plenty of threads about this. We will never know in forhand how well the 3DS will be hacked or if it even will be hacked.
I lol'd.
You know you could have answered my question in the amount of time you took to type up your very useless post? Not everyone is as acknowledged as you in 3DS hacking, o Great Hacker.
/facepalm at these people who think they know everything and feels great assaulting newcomers.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperQuick said:
Quincy said:

QUOTE(Ikki @ Apr 27 2011, 01:59 PM) The current status is 3DS mode unhacked, DS mode hacked.

Ok thanks. I read another article saying Nintendo has this anti-hack policy where they will inject your 3DS with a "system update" that bricks your device the moment you connect to wifi, if your system is found to contain "manipulated files". They are making this unavoidable since their system automatically grabs data from your device the moment wifi is connected, and that "system update" is done without user consent. Did anyone hear about this, seems pretty scary. :wtf:

just a rumor and is probably not true
also had about 5-10million topics

delete or lock the topic pls

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperQuick said:
linuxares said:

I lol'd.
You know you could have answered my question in the amount of time you took to type up your very useless post? Not everyone is as acknowledged as you in 3DS hacking, o Great Hacker.
/facepalm at these people who think they know everything and feels great assaulting newcomers.

He never said he knew anything about 3DS hacking. Seriously though, it's in the rules:
Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.
While I don't necessarily condone how he said it, he's right.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
SuperQuick said:
linuxares said:

I lol'd.

He never said he knew anything about 3DS hacking. Seriously though, it's in the rules:
Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.

+1.
A little searching around wouldn't hurt and people are already pissed at how many make topics that ask if the 3DS has been hacked. In due time, we will know, maybe if Ninty doesn't do a good job at its security.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChaosZero816 said:
machomuu said:
SuperQuick said:
linuxares said:

I lol'd.

+1.
A little searching around wouldn't hurt and people are already pissed at how many make topics that ask if the 3DS has been hacked. In due time, we will know, maybe if Ninty doesn't do a good job at its security.

_O_

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, you can play DS games and homebrew with flashcarts and they run in DS mode. Nothing that's new to 3DS is unlocked yet.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current status?....Well Captain, scans are inconclusive, the enemy's shields and defenses are still holding.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1