Curious Idea for old 3DS SNES rom injection.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So I had a idea for something, i hope you can follow along, look below for what i am getting at. The video is a video of Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2 for 3DS. It is originally a SNES Jap exclusive game by namco. Is been ported to 3DS by namco as well (was promoted with Dragon ball Z extreme butoden game for 3DS) The thing about this is, the game works well on old 3DS.

I decided to extract the cia file to see what can be done. The problem is i dunno anything about the files inside of it. I'm guessing is something just as impressive and encrypted like the sega 3D classic games. Roms are special ports i guess, cause i have no clues about the files here or how they work.

There is a file labeled Game.arc Not sure what it really is, but there is also audio files i think, with name dspadpcm.bcstm The weird part is the audio isn't the original, is some alternative music. So is this a possible thing or not?

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    to my knowledge, the game was ported, meaning they reprogrammed the snes game on the 3ds.
    it not a rom running in an emulator.
    its weeks of work for a dedicated team to port a snes game in this way.

3. Aglaophotis

Aglaophotis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2017
    Germany
    This is not a Virtual Console game, it's a 3DS game. Of course it will work on an old 3DS but 3DS games can't be used for VC rom injections, it's a completely different thing.
    It's the SNES Virtual Console that doesn't work. Even though any SNES game could possibly be ported to the 3DS without issues, emulating a console is a whole different story. You actually need quite a lot of power to run accurate SNES emulation.