Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude im new by some miracle i didnt brick my 3ds while downgrading and installing rxtools im surprised i got this far most of the words and acronims used here are alien to me last night was my very first time doing anything hack related to the 3ds so any help is greatly appreciated
The answer to your question was spelled out right there in very clear english in the fourth line of the opening post of this topic.
I'm sure you understand what a boot entry and rxtools are as your entire question was if it could autoboot rxtools.
If you took the time to read it, then you didn't even try to understand, because you can clearly comprehend it.

I understand this whole process can be frustrating and tiresome, but it's no excuse for laziness.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to your question was spelled out right there in very clear english in the fourth line of the opening post of this topic.
I'm sure you understand what a boot entry and rxtools are as your entire question was if it could autoboot rxtools.
If you took the time to read it, then you didn't even try to understand, because you can clearly comprehend it.

I understand this whole process can be frustrating and tiresome, but it's no excuse for laziness.
your right no excuses i went over the instructions a few more times now it boots up fine thanks

Reactions: jaksy

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after booting up rxtools CFW fine automatically i noticed that it wont boot the homebrew chanell at all
Probably because you didn't configure it right.

See this post a few posts back, or this topic.

More specifically:
Well if you want to be sure, you can regrab smea's boot.3dsx
Rename that to boot_hb.3dsx, slap it on your sd root and make sure it's referenced as such (by proper name and location) in your boot.cfg
If everything is linked there proper then you should be able to boot it.

Last edited by jaksy,
Reactions: BADDINOROX99

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting "err: couldn't load arm9 payload"
What do I do? I think i'm missing the arm9 payload file, does anyone have it? I'm using rxTools 2.6 btw

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did the same thing and all i get is a black screen. Gateway logo appears but before it can load emunand it freezes on a black screen.
Happens to me to but I restart, clean or blow the SD card copper contacts, and blow in to the SD slot.
(I'm using menuhax v2.1).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm getting "err: couldn't load arm9 payload"
What do I do? I think i'm missing the arm9 payload file, does anyone have it? I'm using rxTools 2.6 btw
I succeeded, to lunch rxTools, but after install it boots you straight to rxmodeEMUNAND, it doesn't even give an option to press R,
so maybe some of you guys will figure it out.
You can still enter the rxTools menu by pressing R, if you lunch it with the web browser exploit "launch.rxTools.net".

So here is what I did:
1. Download and install this release with the web browser exploit "launch.rxTools.net":
https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/tag/3.0-alpha.0
(Don't forget to use cdn_firm.py in this releases, to download the "firmware.bin" file).
2. Download:
mega:///#!sMEByLRI!IWGXaUDiR_bSNb8YqyPVPTn39Ngmo7gWk-xlf-Val4w
3. Use cdn_firm.py to download the "firm" folder.
4. Copy everything in side the "firm" folder into, "firm" folder in the rxTools folder in the "2015-11-19" release.
5. Overwrite everything in the rxTools folder on your SD card, with everything in the rxTools folder "2015-11-19" release.
6. Lunch rxTools with:
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
7. And it should lunch or it will reinstall, and then lunch.
8. You can also use this command to lunch, but I don't know if it works on first lunch:
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxtools.3dsx";

"rxtools.3dsx" is found in the "ninjhax" folder in both releases.

I hope it will work for you too, good luck!
It solved this problem too.

D

Deleted User

My O3DS is freezing when I try to access go.gateway-3ds.com. Is it down?
I followed 2 written tutorials and a video tutorial that was made yesterday, so it's all up to date.
Also can't load EmuNAND9 with browserhax, since it gives me a red screen and just throws me back to homebrew launcher menu.

Shadik09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

After a lot of tries I can get to RxTools with CTRBootManager properly.
The thing is I can not get HOmebrew launcher to work.
I downloaded boot.3dsx again and renamed it.
Copied the .cfg info over and over and it loads properly but I've tried browserhax again, it gives me an error and reboots the system.
I've tried Ninjhax and gives me error and reboots the system.
I've initialized data on browser and nothing.
Nands are unlinked. Themehax works on SysNand and boots properly with CTRBootManager. On Emunand 10.3.0.28u I can't get Homebrew at all. The .cia of Homebrew Loader doesn't load it and stays either red bottom screen or black.
Edited the payload with boot_hb.3dsx and won't load it.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Homebrew on emunand with CTRBootManager working properly?
Thanks.

halloworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i ahve problem
i am use newest rxtools
rxtools in root
i am launch rxtools with its running ok make first install wizard
and run good

i am try boot with boot mamanger always come up first install wizard and then black screen?
its load code.bin not rxtools.dat

howto solve this?

mini-skater

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

Little issue here: The automatic boot only starts if I press L. (I guess it's thanks to the type0 of MenuHax)
It is great but I want it to starts when I press nothing.
But it's weird because I choosed the type2 without pressing any button on MenuHax. (i just pressed the touch-screen)

Did I made a mistake during the configuration of MenuHax?
Thanks.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Little issue here: The automatic boot only starts if I press L. (I guess it's thanks to the type0 of MenuHax)
It is great but I want it to starts when I press nothing.
But it's weird because I choosed the type2 without pressing any button on MenuHax. (i just pressed the touch-screen)

Did I made a mistake during the configuration of MenuHax?
Thanks.

Type 2 let's you set a button to make it NOT boot menuhax. If you choose "R" in type 2, than it will always boot menuhax, unless you're holding "R".

davarey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, it does not work for me, I put the files on the sd card root, I boot the console and it boots as usual, it doesnt make anything.

Twerkules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this and it launches rxTools just fine, but Homebrew Launcher no longer works. Its a bummer because I would like to be able to access the eShop :/

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys i have a but on old3ds 9.2 all my 3dsx retroarch shortkurt created doesnt work on multiboot menu it say need update payload how to fix?i have themehax with hax 2.5 on 9.2 sys

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great for Gateway, Rxtools, CakesFW, and Homebrew Launcher. Now I just have one complaint about all of this:

We won't be able to launch the homebrew launcher cia on emunand, because HBL's boot.3dsx is missing. I just hope I'll never need the Homebrew Launcher in emunand and sysnand will cover my needs.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great for Gateway, Rxtools, CakesFW, and Homebrew Launcher. Now I just have one complaint about all of this:

We won't be able to launch the homebrew launcher cia on emunand, because HBL's boot.3dsx is missing. I just hope I'll never need the Homebrew Launcher in emunand and sysnand will cover my needs.

You can hex edit the menuhax payload to launch something other than boot.3dsx. Use something like HxD to edit your menuhax payload, search for the "boot.3dsx" strings (Should be 2) and rename them to something else (Must be same length, so something like "abcd.3dsx"). Then, rename your CTRBootManager 3dsx to whatever you replaced the string with.This way, you can keep the HBL launcher as boot.3dsx, but still load CTRBootManager through menuhax.

This, of course, can be adapted to other entry points besides menuhax. I just assume everyone is using it...

Last edited by Townsperson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1