Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro... What do you think about the Lanova laptop? If you don't mind... What's your opinion on the Alienware 17 r3?
"Lanova" :rofl2:,Remeber never to get Alienware, Same specs but cost $300+ More! I'm not kidding, Same Specs!
Have you ever heard how they say don't get a dell if you want a gaming computer, ironically Alienware is made from dell

Last edited by James310,
Reactions: Noelemahc

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Lanova" :rofl2:,Remeber never to get Alienware, Same specs but cost $300+ More! I'm not kidding, Same Specs!
Have you ever heard how they say don't get a dell if you want a gaming computer, ironically Alienware is made from dell
Not trying to be "fancy"...lol, but I really enjoy the keyboard stuff for something new to look at daily...lol, but yeah same specs. I may want to check the graphics amplifier on this baby as well. Damn.... I hate DELL!!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using this with menuhax and set it to option 2, to autoboot reiemunand
i changed the delay to 1 and now i cant get back into homebrew i hold R and it still does not stop goes straight to to emunand every time
i can see the menu but pressing up and down don't work how do make it pause if i don;t want to autoboot to rei emunand so i can make another selection, what am i supposed to hold
it was doing this bug before i changed the delay too but then holding r worked now it doesn't after i changed delay to 1

i can't get into HBL now, it boots past the selection screen in second and pressing up or down to go to HBl option does not work even i am quick enough menuhax defautl hold R to boo HBL does not work wither, how do i make it stop at the select screen or boot back to HBL?

Last edited by weatMod,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste , I hope you'll consider tidying up boot.cfg as it was before. I don't understand why 1.7 ships with it written out as a single long string.
It is not in one long string. I think it uses Unix style newlines, so if you open it with a bad editor like Windows's Notepad, then yeah, you'll see one line. But if you open it with Notepad++ for example, you'll see several lines.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see, I had Notepad++ but didn't think to try it. The average user probably doesn't though, so this is a fairly nerdy technicality to push. It worked in Notepad before after all, so I don't see the sense in reducing compatibility unless it's really essential. Just a thought.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I see, I had Notepad++ but didn't think to try it. The average user probably doesn't though, so this is a fairly nerdy technicality to push. It worked in Notepad before after all, so I don't see the sense in reducing compatibility unless it's really essential. Just a thought.
Well, @cpasjuste didn't introduce incompatibilities on purpose (I guess), it's just OS conventions and stuff, so according to what you used to write the file, it is formatted in a certain way. Then, software has the choice to implement different conventions and while Notepad++ implements all of them it seems, Notepad doesn't. You can read more about that here if you want.

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, @cpasjuste didn't introduce incompatibilities on purpose (I guess), it's just OS conventions and stuff, so according to what you used to write the file, it is formatted in a certain way. Then, software has the choice to implement different conventions and while Notepad++ implements all of them it seems, Notepad doesn't. You can read more about that here if you want.
I think it also solves some rare file reading issues on 3DS, resulting in a higher bootrate. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@cpasjuste Amazing to see you're still improving this awesome piece of software ! ^-^

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, Since rxtools now support 10.5 n3ds emunand, how would i setup the boot manager and triple booting it with my gateway and homebrew channel? As of right now, I have mset downgraded and ds exploit installed for gateway on my n3ds, will this cause any problems?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@cpasjuste with the latest Rxtools builds when you try to enter rxmode on sysNAND it doesnt boot. is they a fix for this or is it a Rxtools thing.
I'm having the same issue, but I found a workaround by redirecting the boot.cfg entry to the rxTools.3dsx file rather than loading from an offset in the code.bin. Not sure if this affects boot times though.

Last edited by YayMii,

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone explain why the purple screen displays

Configuration file not found: /boot.cfg
Creating default configuration...
Press any key to continue...

then proceeds to freeze?
Capture.PNG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.