Crush 3D StreetPass Question

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by drfsupercenter, Mar 1, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    So, this game is super frustrating.

I've had the game for months now, and had StreetPass enabled since day 1, and have never gotten a single tag.

Now that I have two 3DSes - one fully updated and one on 4.5, I thought I'd do a little test. I took the game card and put it in my freshly formatted 4.5 3DS, enabled StreetPass and placed a gift to be distributed over StreetPass.

Closed both systems, nothing.

I even tried placing *two* gifts (as in, one from another level), quitting the level and exiting the game and it STILL won't transmit anything. This is incredibly annoying, as I just want to figure out how to use StreetPass on this game!

Do game cards have some sort of serial/ID that would tell it "oh, this dude's using the same game card on two systems, so don't do anything"? Because otherwise I just don't get what's wrong!

2. manlego

manlego GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Well me and my brother always streetpass each other in Mario Tennis using the same game card, so i think it has nothing to do with this issue.
    Maybe this game streetpass i just lame, i have a lot of games that my friends also have, but we never streetpassed each other in those (yeah there is a streetpass feature in those games).

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Well, I just wasn't sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Nothing seems to be known about the game's StreetPass features, even the Nintendo wikia page has ??s for the number of tags you can hold at one time. I'm trying to help out with that database, but I can't even get it to work with myself let alone anyone else.

I wonder if there are any games that actually don't work with StreetPass, like the developers just completely screwed it up to the point where it's non-functional. LOL

Though the game is made by SEGA, around the same time as Sonic Generations, and the StreetPass works fine in that game.

4. pma

pma Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2007
    Germany
    I recently stumbled upon a similar problem: I had a working Homepass environment (i.e. I received streetpasses for games like Super Mario Land & Bravely Default) but upon activating Streetpass for Kid Icarus I didn't receive any for this particluar game.

It turned out, that for the last game, which has Streetpass activated, Streetpasses aren't received (or transmittetd at all, dunno). IIrc someone on this forum mentioned, that this is a common, well known bug. So i deactivated a Streetpass for another game (I chose the Nintendo Letter Box, since I rarely use it) via system settings and reactivated it ingame, making it the last game added and I promptly startet receiving Streetpasses for Kid Icarus via Homepass.

So I suggest, you try deactivating and reactivating the Streetpass for another game than Crush 3D and see, if transmissions occur.