CRO Editing Help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MegaKyurem, Oct 9, 2016.

1. MegaKyurem
    OP

MegaKyurem GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I've been trying to install Rising Ruby onto a cia to play. I have luma3ds (so I should be able to run hacks that have edited CRO's), but whenever I launch the game, it says "An error has occurred. Please hold the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again." I've been using the tools that come with Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire. Can someone help me figure out what I've been doing wrong? Thanks

Last edited by MegaKyurem, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Who packed the CIA?

3. MegaKyurem
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I dumped my OR cartridge with Decrypt9 and then used that the .3ds file from that to install it (with the tools from the Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire download, and used the files from Rising Ruby).

EDIT: I Don't remember if I dumped trimmed by accident, but I know I dumped it decrypted. Should try to dump it again?

Last edited by MegaKyurem, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Dump it again and go through the process of packing the GARCs and removing files that aren't supposed to be there ie .zips and whatnot which a lot of people forget.

5. MegaKyurem
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I got the same thing happening a few times, but now it gives me a different error. I boot it up and it stays on the 3ds screen. Someone replied to me on ProjectPokemon saying you needed a patch? Is this true?

Last edited by MegaKyurem, Oct 25, 2016