Creating Steam Links for Webpages

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by LightyKD, Jun 10, 2016.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Hi all,

I want to link a few web pages in Steam in the same way you add non steam games. Since there is no YouTube or Xfinity app in Windows 10, the easiest thing to do is just use the "TV formatted" websites. Is there a way to turn a URL/Bookmark into something I can use in Steam? Also, please DON'T tell me to use the Steam web browser. That browser has no flash.... :P

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Why? I honestly don't see the use in doing this. Whatever. Create an LNK file for a URL and manually add it to Steam. Also, to get Flash enabled in the Steam browser, you have to install the ActiveX version of Flash. Though I strongly recommend not doing this as Flash is exploited extremely frequently, and using it in any browser is not smart. Especially since the Hacking Team backend was leaked.

3. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    There are no YouTube and Xfinity apps for Win 10. My Steam Machine isn't used as a desktop. It's connected to my TV in "full console mode". I tried using the YouTube TV site from the Steam Browser but it never really goes into full screen and the Steam ambient noises get in the way. -I'll give making LNK files a shot. Thanks for the idea.