Creating an Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alpuy, May 31, 2017.

1. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    I have a console in 11.4 and a9lh, i used to have an emunand and then passed to sysnand.

How can i make an emunand with the current methods the easyest way? Is it possible with godmode9?

2. Pyra

Pyra do we have an official quilava mascot yet?

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    You don't need an EmuNAND, it's not worth the gigabyte, as you can simply replace the SysNAND if you need to, rendering it useless and outdated for the average user really.

If you're like me and don't care and wanna make one anyways, then backup your entire SD card onto your computer. Do not skip this step.

Then boot into GodMode9 with your 3DS, Press Home > More... > SD Format Menu > either "O3DS NAND size" or "N3DS NAND size" > whatever options are next (I'm not risking formatting my SD card just for the example lol).

Then after that is done, press R+B to unmount your SD card, put it back into your computer, copy the SD card files you backed up earlier back onto the SD card, put it back in the system, and reboot.

That should be how you do it, iirc. That's how I got mine setup anyways.

You can check what NAND you're on by going to System Settings, it should either say "Sys" or "Emu" by the version number.

If you wanna coldboot into the EmuNAND, power off the system, and boot it up again holding "Select", and then enable:

(x) Autoboot EmuNAND

Press Start to save and reboot. If you wanna boot back into SysNAND with that option enabled, just hold L on boot.

Hope that helps. ^^

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

nitroBW likes this.
  3. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    Thanks, i just want to be safe with the recent banwave.

4. Pyra

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Oh, well that won't help, sorry to tell you.

The LocalFriendCodeSeed in your SysNAND will be copied over to the EmuNAND, thus not making a difference.

If you wanted to switch out LFCS files, you can do that using just SysNAND files. You don't need an EmuNAND for that.

Last edited by Pyra, May 31, 2017
    Quantumcat and nitroBW like this.
  5. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    I just want to keep the emunand without wifi and homebrew cias etc. and the sysnand formated and without any cia installed and wifi on, do you think that it wont help?

6. Pyra

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Okay so the way EmuNAND works, is that it copies over your SysNAND and makes an emulated version of it, so that you can do whatever to it and it won't even touch your SysNAND.

Problem with your solution is, you've already installed homebrew to your SysNAND, so it will show if you installed it to your EmuNAND. It will still show that you've installed homebrew stuff in the past most likely, which is enough for a ToS ban, even if you uninstall all of the homebrew stuff.

Granted, that's just widely accepted speculation at this point, but I don't think an EmuNAND is gonna help, sorry to tell you.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    I will make the emunand and then format sysnand

8. Pyra

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Last edited by Pyra, May 31, 2017
  9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If your console is already flagged it won't help. And if you're not flagged already, whichever NAND you use to use homebrew, will flag your entire console to be banned. Since they'll be using the same friend code. And if you change one of the friend codes for a donor one, then there is no point as you could have just saved it until you were banned anyway. It will operate the same as having two consoles but worse because you need an extra friend code.

Ursus Major likes this.
  10. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    It will only work if you keep that emunand homebrew-free by using original games or Sky3ds on it. Gateway 3ds should probably work too as it doesn't require any apps installed in emunand.
    It won't if you don't use internet access on that nand.

11. Ursus Major

Ursus Major Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2016
    Australia
    It doesn't matter if it's your EmuNAND or your SysNAND that get's banned.
    Because the thing that really is banned, is a console unique ID stored in your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B.
    And this unique ID is the exact same for any of your NANDs, because it gets copied from SysNAND when you make an EmuNAND.
    You can change it (there are public ones available, or you could dump it from another unbanned console) but you can do that on SysNAND anyway, no need for EmuNAND.

Quantumcat likes this.