Creating An Animated Avatar

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by WildWon, Dec 4, 2008.

Dec 4, 2008

Creating An Animated Avatar by WildWon at 2:04 PM (1,200 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hey guys. I've seen all kinds of avatars over the years that are small, short, looped clips from movies. I have a few ideas for avatars that would use clips of people shaking their head, but i have no idea where to start looking for this info.

Would someone kindly either tell me what to do, or at least get my fingers started in the right direction of where i can get info?

Oh, and if your answer is GOOGLE!!!ROFFLEZ!!!11 thats fine. If you feel the need to post it, please do, i'll just ignore that one [​IMG]

I just like asking to see who knows what around here as well as my laziness of searching. [​IMG]

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help! [​IMG]

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Googlez!

So basically info on everything?
    Well, for starters you need an animation program. Now depends on where you get your clip, if you want a clip from youtube for example. Then
    you need a plugin of some sort to download the .flv file, then preferly a movie convert program that would convert it to an .gif file.
    If it's from a movie, skip the .flv part and just select a rough estimate of the time of the place you want the clip from. Cut that part off and then convert it to .gif.

Naturally once you're done at this point, it stores all the frames of the file. Making it pretty big in size. So here comes the animation program into play.
    Load the .gif file and then start cutting off frames so it isn't as big. If after cutting off enough parts, it's still is big in filesize, then you need to optimize it.
    By lowering its quality a little at a time till you get the file size you want.

When you're all done, you just save it and upload it.

3. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    do you have macromedia flash?

stupid me its not flash its that program for animating... macromedia something..

you could print screen every second then copy and paste into said program, i forgot how it works, but something like open key something...
    so sorry havent touched it for ages [​IMG]

4. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Yea, i'm going to be pulling from random DivX style movies i have floating around (...legitimately ripped from DVDs i own, i assure you >_> )

So, i just use a video editor to rip out the section of video i want to use, find a converter to change that small clip to .gif, then rip out unneeded frames to shrink size. Seems simple enough (...i mean, as far as doing all that is "Simple." It makes sense, is what i should say heh)

Cool!

Thanks guys! I figgered there'd be a few tempers that'd be willing to help [​IMG]

5. CorruptedAngel

Member CorruptedAngel GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    super (you know, that dpg encoder that some people like) can convert any video to a gif i think.
    use firefox + any of the millions of youtube ripper addons you can yet ti rip the vid off youtube (what a surprise)

6. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
  7. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    The only way I know how to do it is using Imageready, which is an old software and something you probably don't have. But if you're interested I can help ya maybe

8. Locotes

Newcomer Locotes Member

Netherlands
    Yup, I've made mine with Imageready as well, here's my result: [​IMG]
    I used THIS tutorial [​IMG] If you need any more help with Imageready, you can also ask it to me, I hope i'll be able to answer your questions [​IMG]

9. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    Actually I found something that's even quicker and easier XD

Google "VidGIF". It converts video to gif directly.

10. Holaitsme

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States