Hacking creating a psp version of the switch

goluckyourself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had a goal in mind for quite some time. I have been wanting to do this since before the switch came out. I want a psp that I can use in handheld, but also on the tv.

I know that 2000 and 3000 models have a video out (sadly, I only have a 1000), but are there any options that let you use a wireless controller of some type with a psp running cfw? I had thought I read somewhere a long time ago here of someone doing just that, but sadly cannot find the thread. And it may have even used a computer as a bridge for the controller, which is not really what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know anything that might help me in my goal?

Basically a hackable psp that has video out and a way to control it with an external controller when hooked up in tv mode.

Is buying a psp go my best option? I think it has native support of ps3 controllers and TV out, it just doesn't have much storage and can't play my umd games.

Last edited by goluckyourself,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had a goal in mind for quite some time. I have been wanting to do this since before the switch came out. I want a psp that I can use in handheld, but also on the tv.

I know that 2000 and 3000 models have a video out (sadly, I only have a 1000), but are there any options that let you use a wireless controller of some type with a psp running cfw? I had thought I read somewhere a long time ago here of someone doing just that, but sadly cannot find the thread. And it may have even used a computer as a bridge for the controller, which is not really what I'm looking for.

Basically a hackable psp that has video out and a way to control it with an external controller when hooked up in tv mode.

Is buying a psp go my best option? I think it has native support of ps3 controllers and TV out, it just doesn't have much storage and can't play my umd games.

You need retroarch which PPSSPP are in it. Youtube as an example:

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a psp that I can use in handheld, but also on the tv.
Then you're looking for a PSP Go & its dock.
are there any options that let you use a wireless controller of some type with a psp running cfw?
Nope, only the Go has the hardware (bluetooth adapter specifically)
And it may have even used a computer as a bridge for the controller, which is not really what I'm looking for.
Yeah, I think it was in the Custom Firmware Extender plugin
Yeah, only a Go will work.
Is buying a psp go my best option?
It's your only option.
it just doesn't have much storage
You can get a microsd card mod or look around for a decently sized M2 card, although those are pricey.
can't play my umd games.
What, have you never tried dumping a UMD before? It's really simple, I know there was a plugin that could do it straight to the memory card (I forget which one), but you can also pull up the VSH menu by pressing select on the XMB, change the USB location to the UMD, and then go to USB Connection in the top left. Then just connect the PSP to a pc through the USB port and copy the iso over. Just throw the iso in ms0:ISO (if you're willing to have longer load times & more battery usage you can compress the games with the PSP Iso Compressor too, but any decently sized memory card/microsd will have lots of space, I actually just use uncompressed isos on my 32gb microsd in my 3000)

Reactions: TheMrIron2

goluckyourself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you're looking for a PSP Go & its dock.

Nope, only the Go has the hardware (bluetooth adapter specifically)

Yeah, I think it was in the Custom Firmware Extender plugin

Yeah, only a Go will work.

It's your only option.

You can get a microsd card mod or look around for a decently sized M2 card, although those are pricey.

What, have you never tried dumping a UMD before? It's really simple, I know there was a plugin that could do it straight to the memory card (I forget which one), but you can also pull up the VSH menu by pressing select on the XMB, change the USB location to the UMD, and then go to USB Connection in the top left. Then just connect the PSP to a pc through the USB port and copy the iso over. Just throw the iso in ms0:ISO (if you're willing to have longer load times & more battery usage you can compress the games with the PSP Iso Compressor too, but any decently sized memory card/microsd will have lots of space, I actually just use uncompressed isos on my 32gb microsd in my 3000)

Thank you so much for your well thought out and helpful reply. I guess I'll start looking for a pspgo. Lol. Thanks again.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States

The biggest I can find for that is 16GB. Which itself wasnt at a bad price (less than $20), it's still way small compared to what you could get on a 2000/3000.

For PSP-2000/3000:
That said, if you go to a 2000 or 3000 and suck it up and use a computer to do the "wireless" controller bits, you can go as high as 64GB: https://www.amazon.com/MicroSD-MicroSDHC-Adapter-Converts-Cards/dp/B001RPEJA4

This adapter, I use personally to make two 16GB cards as a 32GB stick. PSP CFW reads all of it. I think the 2000-3000 can read up to 64GB (~60GBish readable). This is much cheaper than getting a Duo.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want, you can always run PPSSPP on your computer and use a symbolic link to point Documents/PPSSPP to your memory card in a USB adapter (or the PSP hooked up in USB mode). It works perfectly, surprisingly enough. I recently used its save state & rewind features to get past a boss I was stuck on in a game and then continued playing the same save on my PSP without doing any conversions between the emu and my PSP.

Reactions: stitchxd

Longshot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the PSP Go had a dock, but it's really rare. So no need to hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)