Homebrew Create user profiles without gamepad/via ftp?

coolgoat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I create a Pretendo user profile on my WiiU, which has Tiramisu/Aroma mods, using FTP? My WiiU gamepad is broken due to a damaged touch connector and cannot connect to the console.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The system hasn't been REed enough for this + you would miss to actually create that account on the online servers. Pretty sure Pretendo doesn't allow you to FTP on their servers.

Anyway, you could register on their website: https://pretendo.network/account/register then use DRC-SIM as temporary replacement for the gamepad. Or just use DRC-SIM to register directly on the console.
For DRC-SIM you need a 5 Ghz capable WiFi stick which allows monitor mode (RTL 8811CU ones are pretty cheap on Alibaba, like I saw one for 40 cents a few weeks ago, and they are good enough for this, too, even with just one internal antenna. Just keep in mind that the Linux driver is relative new, so you need to use a modern Linux kernel and maybe even add a few patches).
Also you need some Linux system as this will require low-level changes of the WiFi stack which Windows simply doesn't allow. Not sure if Linux inside of a VM with USB passthrough is good enough for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols