CrazyIntro Video v0.32 problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hendrix4444, Aug 22, 2009.

Aug 22, 2009
  1. hendrix4444
    OP

Newcomer hendrix4444 Newbie

Canada
    Hello, I recently created a video i would like to use as an intro screen using After Effects, but when the video should play the screen just goes black for a couple of seconds then continues to the system menu. The video is about 119 megs, 640 x 480, 29.97 fps (not sure if those things make any difference), and I installed the .dol with preloader and everything. It seems to have worked, in that there is actually a spot where my video should play, but my video doesn't actually play, instead, as i mentioned before, the screen just goes black for a few seconds. I think the problem may be with my config file. Could someone please post a config file that should work? Sorry if i sound noobish this is my first post, and I can usually figure things out by searching the forums but there doesn't seem to be much help on the topic. I am on system menu 4.1U, running bootmii as boot2, and preloader v0.29.

2. bin01

Member bin01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried crazy intro video too but it seems this ver is not compatible with preloader 0.28 & 0.29, wait for the new crazy intro which will probably fix this problem

3. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Well this is possibly a file naming problem. The thing can't find the video file hence boots system menu.
    Still I'll re-release it with the latest shortcut options once I solve the extra flicker issues on a bootmii installed system..

4. hendrix4444
    OP

Newcomer hendrix4444 Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the help, the problem was with the file name. Like you suggested, the file was named boot.wmv.wmv because of windows' extension hiding. I've finally got the video running but it is VERY laggy. I guess I just have to shrink file size when i create video file? Anyway thanks for the help, if you have any tips on making the video less laggy lemme know, and I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. Thanks again. great application!

5. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Yep it's just hindered by the wii's processing limitations on high res videos I guess, try changing codec and/or resolution of the video.