Crashes during startup

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Frolic766, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Frolic766
    OP

Frolic766 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    Hello all, first time poster here. I've owned my DSTT for a couple of months now, and have encountered a rather annoying problem just recently.

Whenever I start my DS(from being off, not a soft reset), it will freeze sometime during startup(between the 'Health and Safety warning, and the smiling sdhc card) nine times out of ten. If I start the DS without the DSTT inserted, it loads fine. I've tried upgrading and downgrading firmware(to no effect), and I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with my SDHC card.

Any advice you can give me?

2. Frolic766
    OP

Frolic766 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    It seems I have a fake DSTT, which is probably the problem. Does anyone have a link to a genuine DSTT?

3. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Return it to wherever you bought it from and get a real one.

-Bri

4. tbmagoo

tbmagoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2008
    Canada
    Dammit, mine just started to do that today. I thought DealExtreme fixed to problem when I got mine.

*edit* According to one of the threads here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118123) mine's real, so I dunno if it's just a fluke card or something?

5. alwin

alwin Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2008
    Cyprus
    i have also the same problem here with Frolic766 for two weeks was perfect but today it will freeze during startup the most of the times i will start the DS.

I try firmwares 1.5 - 1.6, i try two sd cards and still the same.

6. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007

try the TTDS RECOVERY FILES HERE

you can also test if you have a FAKE or REAL card with one of the files [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice