Hacking Crappy music quality(moonshell)

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I have a super card lite and I have moonshell and the music works, but I understand that it dosent sound too good when I put it loud on the speaker, but when I put in ear phones it sounds like crap, which dosent make sens because, the earphones are good and its in mp3 format shouldint it sound just as good as anything else...am I doing something wrong?

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should sound fine, assuming your using a higher bitrate mp3. IMO with mp3's you want at least 192kbps or its going to sound pretty bad. I would reccomend using Ogg Vorbis instead since moonshell supports it, and its a better format then mp3.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
It should sound fine, assuming your using a higher bitrate mp3. IMO with mp3's you want at least 192kbps or its going to sound pretty bad. I would reccomend using Ogg Vorbis instead since moonshell supports it, and its a better format then mp3.

mp3 is better at higher bitrates...

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

mp3 is better at higher bitrates...

Assuming your hitting bitrates of around 400kbps, at which point you might as well be using FLAC, thus making your point moot.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a super card lite and I have moonshell and the music works, but I understand that it dosent sound too good when I put it loud on the speaker, but when I put in ear phones it sounds like crap, which dosent make sens because, the earphones are good and its in mp3 format shouldint it sound just as good as anything else...am I doing something wrong?

When you say it sounds like "crap" through the earphones, do you mean it's too quiet, or not enough bass/treble, or what? Are you raising the volume beyond x100 using X and Y buttons and getting "scratchy" sound?

Personally, I find the sound to be just fine, if a bit quiet. But when I connect my DS to a set of portable speakers or the car stereo, it sounds great. And all I use is Ogg Vorbis @ 0.1 quality mode (about 80 kbps variable).

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To his credit, the sound does get distorted if you raise it past 100% but it's hard to notice until the 300's mabye?

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, hell I put it too 400 and find it too low, some songs have better sound...i messed around with it a lil, but some songs have too much bass....

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For songs that are already loud, they are just going to distort badly when you pump up the software volume control all the way up to x400. The DS does not have a strong sound system and certainly wasn't built for use as a personal music player.

You should probably get a Play-Yan, or the recently announced MP3 player attatchement from Nintendo (targeting a UK release), or just buy a real DAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality