Hacking cpu force clock for cfw beyond NTR?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to do this? I know that it's in a a plugin and since they're able to do it, it confirmed to me that there's some FW feature that lets you do it like CFW on the psp, I don't yet have my n3ds yet, but if ican force all gaems to load faster I may finally bite the bullet and search out one that's got low enough firmware it's mainly jsut been a not too many reasons up till now.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not allow the running of any sort of CIAs as far as I can tell, yes it's got region free, but I've already previously dumped my saves/games and like on the DS, and even my PSP I dump my games and only have to carry around a memory card. Unless NTR's changed that is, from last I heard it will only allow running retail cards and that's it.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ntr 3.x (not older versions) will do what you want, run it as a CIA from whatever cfw of your choosing.
then I guess I'm going to have to get a n3ds I wish that ninjhax would've been ported to oot3d. And that I wouldn't have been so damned stupid way back when.

I saw cubic ninja was on sale at big lots for 5USD a piece. I was going to get 3 of them to hold on to in case tehy ever went up in value but i waited two days to go and of course they were already bought. Man if I would've gotten them then I'd be sitting very very well.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
then I guess I'm going to have to get a n3ds I wish that ninjhax would've been ported to oot3d. And that I wouldn't have been so damned stupid way back when.

I saw cubic ninja was on sale at big lots for 5USD a piece. I was going to get 3 of them to hold on to in case tehy ever went up in value but i waited two days to go and of course they were already bought. Man if I would've gotten them then I'd be sitting very very well.

CN isn't really necessary anymore anyway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Weremt there some rumors that the source of NTR went public?

All I heard is that it was RE and some people had the source that came from that.

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weremt there some rumors that the source of NTR went public?
All I heard is that it was RE and some people had the source that came from that.
Yeah, it was reverse engineered some time back.

A modified version is currently circulating amongst devs, with new features such as gif capturing (which is likely the closest we'll get to video capture without hardware modification).

Reactions: Margen67

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it being re doesn't surprise me as pasta was re too, and then the suorce code was made public. Since it's not like anything will be kept secret for long. I guess I'm going to go get a n3ds now. I can't really use the "3d" veyr much due to eye disease but at least it doesn't give me headaches anymore, plus faster loading times will definitely be loved.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing the clock frequency only works on N3DS anyway. The O3DS only runs at 268Mhz.
Why do you think that I said that I have to get a n3ds. that's the whole ponit of me getting one is so that I can change the clock frequency and also modify the system to enable the l2cache. That's the whole point of it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr