Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

elistan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Will try it out when I get off work. By the way, great work guys.
smile.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cdreams said:
@spidey1000
Hey there. Not sure what is causing your issue. Make sure you don't have some issue with cables or something. It seems to work fine on my screen and most others so I think it must be an isolated case with yourself which leads me to believe it's your setup.

However I'll see if Don can shed some light if you haven't already found a solution.

With regards to our next project. It's progressing well so far. Still trying to tie parts together and make sure they are intuitive to use. We could probably knock something out quick but we want to get it polished and looking great and make sure it's easy to use but still offer good customisation. So bear with us, no eta for it but as it moves along we might just post some updates here or there on it.

Thanks for the answer, but i'm pretty sure my Wii is setup properly, I tried a lot of usb loaders so far and have had no big problems with them. The coverflow loader is till now the only one with distorted loader screen. I'll try setting my Wii to PAL 50 Hrz tonight and see if that resolves the problem and i'll report back. If it does then at least you know the problem (but i would like it to work correctly on 60 Hrz too
wink.gif
)

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, at work atm.
can you please post all your specs:
System menu version:2.x, 3.x, 4.x
Video mode: 50hz/60hz/480i/480p...
Specific cable used: yes, no
Default tv mode: 4/3, 16/9

Have you tried to switch one of those settings? (50->60hz, 16/9->4/3)?
Give as much info/feedback you can.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm at work now, so here is what i can give you now.

System menu = 3.4E (PAL)
Current video mode = 60Hz
Cable used = standard scart cable that comes with the Wii
Default TV mode = 16/9

My TV is a normal widescreen TV (100Hz) so no flatscreen

I'll test the Pal 50Hz and the standard NTSC setting tonight and report back

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
it's used to update a current wad forwarder channel with the provided forwarder.dol.
copy the Coverflow7 folder into your sd card (sd:/apps/Coverflow7).
Select your existing wad channel -> select the forwarder.dol -> enter a name (Coverflow7) and create it.
you'll end up with an "updated.wad", just copy it on your sd card WAD folder.
then use your regular wadmanager to install it, that's it.
no need to run the boot.dol from the homebrew channel: you can run it directly from the system menu (as all regular channel) WITH the nunchuck attached if you want as this bug is fixed.

@Spidy:
what is your wii tv mode set (4/3? 16/9), i mean inside the wii system?

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
No need for that boys, we have a temporary channel made for you all
biggrin.gif

It's not exactly how we want it but it's something to use for Coverflow7 until we can get a better custom one made. Thanks to Don for pointing something out to me that I was missing and especially thanks to Oops for working so hard last night to figure bits out and test away until we got it working properly.

So here you are guys: Coverflow7 Channel WAD

There will be a dark version of this channel hopefully later today and then we will be working on it a little more to get something more fitting with the Coverflow7 style.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi shaun, how you're doing?
So it seems that you managed to get rid of this little alpha problem ^^, feel free to ask me next time.
Too bad i'm not at home, coz i really wanna see how your work look.
But quite sure Oops and you made a nice one.
Cheers.

Edit: check your pm, seems we got an "annoying" issue regarding the team's forthcoming project.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tested the new version but the problems I had before are still there: when scrolling through the games list I get 'abort called' messages after which the loader returns to the HBC. Tested with and without nunchuck (because I thought it crashed more often with nunchuck, but that was probably just a coincidence) and different Wiimotes but the problem persists (4.0E).

I formatted my SD-card and installed everything fresh, including new covers, after which I turned off downloads (to rule out network issues interfering) and I'm loading it straight from the HBC. I can't find a reason or pattern, it doesn't crash at a certain cover or after a certain amount of time, it's completely random. Sometimes it already crashes while loading. Before Rev9 Alpha5 I never had a problem with the loader and other loaders are working just fine.

Am I really the only one who has these 'abort called' messages (if so, it must be something in my setup).

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@katrem

Not really sure, I havn't seen anyone else mention the problem lately so need to make sure you have everything set right.

First up can you make sure you delete everything you have from Coverflow7. If you have a lot of covers then you could save these at one side for now to save taking forever to download again. If you have a small number of games just delete everything of CF7.

Then download the latest revision Rev9 Alpha6. Save the folders as they are in the zip file. So sd:/apps/Coverflow7/ for the actual loader parts and make sure your config.txt is in there.

Then have the sd:/usb-loaderCF7/ and in there have your main.png, config.png, titles.txt. Also create a folder in there for covers. In covers make a folder for 3d.

That should be you good to go. Then just boot the loader and see if it helps. If you are downloading covers just do it in settings page within the loader itself. If you already have the covers, then they could be causing an issue so best to replace completely but try them anyway if you have loads and don't want to download them all through the loader again.

Apart from that, we will have to see what is causing it.

Sorry if it's not very helpful, but may as well try the simple approach first
wink.gif

Posts merged

I know you have already done most of this and it must be a pain but just to double check. Also do you have anything like pre-loader installed or anything else that could be causing it?

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cdreams said:
I know you have already done most of this and it must be a pain but just to double check. Also do you have anything like pre-loader installed or anything else that could be causing it?
Hi cdreams. Like you noticed, I've already done a completely fresh install (and a format and fresh install again) and all paths are correct. I'm not using a forwarder (because I wanted to rule that out as an issue too) either.
No freeloader or other things installed and older versions of the loader still work fine...

If I'm the only one it should be something on my side and it's not worth looking into. I'll just keep trying things (maybe a different SD-card) and will use a different loader for now. Thanks anyway :-)

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@katrem:
so with alpha4 it never happened to you? weird... i'll see what i've changed regarding a major issue and try to send you a pm with a tweaked version later tonight.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don Killah said:
@katrem:
so with alpha4 it never happened to you? weird... i'll see what i've changed regarding a major issue and try to send you a pm with a tweaked version later tonight.
Nope, it all started with alpha5 :-) And I don't get any code dumps whatsoever (so in that way it's very stable) just those 'abort called' prompts and then it exits...

Thanks for trying to help me sort this out but don't put too much time in it (since I'm the only one with this problem)

vrukyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after Rev9 Alpha3,i can't show list by myself wbfs's game rename.
what can i do for this question?
i want to sort game name by myself...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi