Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
i have this weird problem with the last release.. when i try launching anything from the DCovered...it just opens up the ysmenu...
and the ysmenu is weird too... it tells me to create .sav when i try to launch something... and then it tells me that the loader cant be used....WTF??

but anyway nice work spinal

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Spinal... I've asked a few times already in this thread. Will there be any way to use this with an EDGE card? I posted the error message it gives earlier.

"Unable to read filename.
This file is not meant to be
loaded outside of DScovered."

A simple response would be nice without having to ask several times.
smile.gif

That error is because either

1. You are trying to run "loader.nds" directly, do not do that, only run DScovered.nds
2. Maybe DScovered is failing to write the file required by loader.nds, paerhaps there is a problem with your card?
3. Does HOMEBREW load at all?

I do not have an Edge card, I know nothing about it, therefore I have no idea if DScovered will work properly with it. If the edge firmware is a standard .NDS file and can autoboot a game by reading the filename from a .ini file, then there might be hope.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Spinal... I've asked a few times already in this thread. Will there be any way to use this with an EDGE card? I posted the error message it gives earlier.

"Unable to read filename.
This file is not meant to be
loaded outside of DScovered."

A simple response would be nice without having to ask several times.
smile.gif

That error is because either

1. You are trying to run "loader.nds" directly, do not do that, only run DScovered.nds
2. Maybe DScovered is failing to write the file required by loader.nds, paerhaps there is a problem with your card?

I do not have an Edge card, I know nothing about it, therefore I have no idea if DScovered will work properly with it. If the edge firmware is a standard .NDS file and can autoboot a game by reading the filename from a .ini file, then there might be hope.

There is only an EDGE.DAT file and a confix.xml file with the following:

A:/Rabbids Go Home.nds
A:/EDGE/skins/PlasmaDSEVO
English

Homebrew works when DSCovered is loaded by either the EDGE game select screen, or by loading it through Moonshell.
There is no autoboot feature on the card & from the xml appears to just be the last rom that was selected, but I see no good reason why it's even there.

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:

I use an edge card, and can tell you ds covered does work. It loaded up fine for me, ensure you updated, a new firmware camer out just days ago.

Also I have to admit, i ran into problems with this, it worked at first, but when i tried to edit the config file (which works for roms to change their display name) i then tried to edit it so it would recognise the homebrew apps and show their cover, as i have a fair few. But this just stopped the whole app running.

Is it true there is no way to have HB apps showing up on this?

I do agree, an autoloader would be great, as for me, when i load my ds i know what i wanna play. But this menu is brilliant for those times when you are unsure, or your girlfriend picks it up, an autoloader or a way to edit the config to boot this up immediately would be a great idea.

Will continue toggling with this today. When i loaded box art onto the HB app, it allowed me to, and updated the card, but when i opened the file.dat the names were there as per, but EVERY HB app had the file number #### - i then editted this to the correct number which was assigned, and thats when it stopped working for me.

Sorry if ive repeated myself, i still havent got my morning coffee yet !

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I patch the lates DSCOVERED release to DSTT but it does not work. Did the same step as the old version, ds cannot read the menu at all. Get th micro sd card in red saying no menu. The old way works fine. The only problems is that when I try to launch the ysmenu, it launches the last game I open it. So I have not be able to set the softreset for the games. Anyone have any ideas?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You are not supposed to edit the file code by hand, if it shows as #### then that means it is himebrew, changing that will just break everything. To make sure that homebrew covers show in the menu, you have to import them in the windows app then update.

For the next update, I am changing how homebrew covers are stored, if anyone has a large (or even small) collection of homebrew cover art, please post it here, hopefully the next method should ensure that BH covers can be used by everyone regardless of filename.

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
You are not supposed to edit the file code by hand, if it shows as #### then that means it is himebrew, changing that will just break everything. To make sure that homebrew covers show in the menu, you have to import them in the windows app then update.

For the next update, I am changing how homebrew covers are stored, if anyone has a large (or even small) collection of homebrew cover art, please post it here, hopefully the next method should ensure that BH covers can be used by everyone regardless of filename.

Ahh thankyou for that. The reason i editted the fil.dat was as many games when i ran the dscovered showed up with names at the bottom like "THBGFLW" and so i changed them to the name of the game.

I guess i got carried away with editting the HB numbers, as i did that before trying.

I am guessing there is no autoboot feature yet? I ask as i use edge, i just looked now and saw other cards do have autoboot so i guess it is not an essential feature. But would be nice.

I will upload a few HB covers that i have and post here for you.

I dont have many but if we all pitch in should be a help.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using DSTT have a problem with the new version of dscovered? i patch it and get no menu for it.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using DSTT have a problem with the new version of dscovered? i patch it and get no menu for it.

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm seems i was wrong about edge. I only checked the menu last night.

That loads fine, and the pictures show up. I can then select launch ame, settings etc..

But when i try to boot up a game it says "Unable to read filename. This file is not meant to be loaded outside of DScovered".

Is this a known issue with certain cards? (i.e Edge) or perhaps with phat ds?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The problem there, is that for some reason the loader can't read a file created by dscovered. So, either the file is not writing correctly, or something else... I don't know.

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the only files it writes are to the file.dat. Im quite confused. I looked over the dat, and messed around, but no luck.

The weird thing is on the menu you can access launch game, but cannot select the other options (despite being able to put the option selector over them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e326tDj-koU