Could someone point me in the right direction

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Zyvyn, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Zyvyn
    OP

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    So im currently trying to decrypt/unpack the 3ds version of Dragon quest I its a japan exclusive game though I would not be shocked if theres language files for other languages seeing this is just a port of the same mobile version which was available in multiple languages and I have tried decrypting it in multiple ways though the best I have gotten to is a DecryptedRomFS.bin file which is something though where would I go from here

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Make sure a 9.6.0+ title's CIA has its seed imported.
    • Use FBI's Import Seed if the game is already installed and then GodMode9 to rebuild it as a CIA.
    • You can also decrypt the game with GodMode9 if the CIA requires a seed and hasn't been installed. More info about seed importing here.
    Decompile and recompile with HackingToolkit9DS
    • Once your CIA has its seed imported (if required), use GodMode9 to encrypt the CIA. You did not read this wrong, encrypt it (not decrypt). *
    • Take your encrypted CIA over onto computer and use HackingToolkit9DS to decompile it. Edit the game as you please.
    • Once you're done editing, rebuild the CIA and put it back onto your SD card.
    • Go back to GodMode9 and decrypt the modified CIA.
    • blah blah FBI install, blah play Dragonball Z-esque game with teh hackz.
    * If you try to decompile a decrypted CIA with HackingToolkit9DS, it won't work.

3. Zyvyn
    OP

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    thank you Im trying to see If I can import the language files if im lucky they will be in the files of the 3ds version if not I might be able to modify the files from the mobile version

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hm it appears the mobile version does not gererate any form of language files until you select language when loading