Hacking Correct settings for USB loader GX Hard drives

Dustin37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I know I am asking for something probably buried in a thread already. But it is so weird I know that it is totally user error (I AM the problem.). I have been banging my head on a wall as I don't exactly know what I did or didn't do the first time. I have 2 drives that are for the most part virtually identical in most respects. One is a Seagate ST5000DM000 (5TB) the other is a Seagate ST4000DM000 (4tb) basically the same drive. Both were taken out of Seagate goflex NAS. On the larger drive the 5TB I have all my wii games formatted NTFS all WII games in wbfs format. USB loader reads the NTFS drive and the games without fail. This is the 5GB model.

I have the second drive which is the 4gb model At one time I had working exactly as I wanted or so I assumed. I had a FAT32 partition for which I was going to put Virtual Ware and WII ware games. The second partition was going to be NTFS for all the WII games wbfs format with the folder. I tried to transfer over all the games I originally transferred only a few, USB loader GX saw them and I could play them. When I did all games I couldn't see them anymore. USB loader GX can see the FAT32 and nets partions but not the games. I have tried both drag and drop AND using WII backup manger with no luck does anyone know what I am doing wrong or give me exact hard drive settings I should be using to get this to work. I know this is user error I just don't understand what I have done wrong. I originally had it working with a few games then it was like I had too many games and it stopping seeing them. I have done multiple formats. Re transferring the games isn't a problem.

Does anybody know the exact settings for USb loader gx or how my drive should be formatted. I have tools to mess with cluster sizes and such both AOMEI partition assistant and EASEUS partition manager. This has drove me crazy as I know it is me being idiotic. I can also use whichever backup manager (WII) that is most useful.

If anyone knows what I have done wrong or can help me troubleshoot or give me flat out instructions so I have a fat32 and NTFS drive I would be greatful as in theory I had this working before and know I have no idea what I changed or didn't change and I just crazy stumped, and it is probably something crazy crazy simple I missed.

Dustin37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would not be it, but thank you. Newer versions of USB loader GX can take a NTFS drive have a folder labeled wbfs contained within and read files just fine The larger drive the 5tb model is doing that now. Still needing answers but thanks I did try that anyway :P

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think fat32 filesystems get very unstable over 2 tb. I read that somewhere.

How are you powering it?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Fishbone
Screenshot_20221211-194343~3.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1