Correct settings for USB loader GX Hard drives

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dustin37, May 2, 2017.

1. Dustin37
    OP

Dustin37 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Okay I know I am asking for something probably buried in a thread already. But it is so weird I know that it is totally user error (I AM the problem.). I have been banging my head on a wall as I don't exactly know what I did or didn't do the first time. I have 2 drives that are for the most part virtually identical in most respects. One is a Seagate ST5000DM000 (5TB) the other is a Seagate ST4000DM000 (4tb) basically the same drive. Both were taken out of Seagate goflex NAS. On the larger drive the 5TB I have all my wii games formatted NTFS all WII games in wbfs format. USB loader reads the NTFS drive and the games without fail. This is the 5GB model.

I have the second drive which is the 4gb model At one time I had working exactly as I wanted or so I assumed. I had a FAT32 partition for which I was going to put Virtual Ware and WII ware games. The second partition was going to be NTFS for all the WII games wbfs format with the folder. I tried to transfer over all the games I originally transferred only a few, USB loader GX saw them and I could play them. When I did all games I couldn't see them anymore. USB loader GX can see the FAT32 and nets partions but not the games. I have tried both drag and drop AND using WII backup manger with no luck does anyone know what I am doing wrong or give me exact hard drive settings I should be using to get this to work. I know this is user error I just don't understand what I have done wrong. I originally had it working with a few games then it was like I had too many games and it stopping seeing them. I have done multiple formats. Re transferring the games isn't a problem.

Does anybody know the exact settings for USb loader gx or how my drive should be formatted. I have tools to mess with cluster sizes and such both AOMEI partition assistant and EASEUS partition manager. This has drove me crazy as I know it is me being idiotic. I can also use whichever backup manager (WII) that is most useful.

If anyone knows what I have done wrong or can help me troubleshoot or give me flat out instructions so I have a fat32 and NTFS drive I would be greatful as in theory I had this working before and know I have no idea what I changed or didn't change and I just crazy stumped, and it is probably something crazy crazy simple I missed.

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Weren't you supposed to format one drive partition to WBFS?

3. Dustin37
    OP

Dustin37 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    That would not be it, but thank you. Newer versions of USB loader GX can take a NTFS drive have a folder labeled wbfs contained within and read files just fine The larger drive the 5tb model is doing that now. Still needing answers but thanks I did try that anyway :P

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I think fat32 filesystems get very unstable over 2 tb. I read that somewhere.

How are you powering it?

5. Dustin37
    OP

Dustin37 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    its an external drive own PS. I was setting the fat32 at 1 tb and letting ntfs have the rest of the drive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice