Hacking Copy SSBB save without a disk?

kwf001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello again, after doing some digging around, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a topic (none that I could find) on whether or not there is a way to copy my SSBB from my friends wii to my wii. His wii won't read the disk, and he's spent countless hours playing it, over 6000 brawls
tongue.gif

I know there is a program to do it, but like I said his wii won't read the disk therefore we can't get the save
frown.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
correct me if I'm wrong, fellow tempers, but SSBB is a Nintendo WFC game which cannot be copied because you can't have the same friend code twice.
if u haven't used WFC and still can't copy then I don't know what to do other than to use the Twilight Hack/HBC to extract the save to an SD card.
I don't believe having the game disc in the drive will have anything to do with copying the save

Correct me if I'm wrong
~ Jon

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwf001 said:
hello again, after doing some digging around, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a topic (none that I could find) on whether or not there is a way to copy my SSBB from my friends wii to my wii. His wii won't read the disk, and he's spent countless hours playing it, over 6000 brawls
tongue.gif

I know there is a program to do it, but like I said his wii won't read the disk therefore we can't get the save
frown.gif

If he has the homebrew channel or the twilight hack installed you could try using geckoOS' rebooter with the option enabled to remove the "no copy flags" from protected save files so they can be copied to SD and try that....

QUOTE(jonjon95 @ Feb 18 2009, 04:14 AM) correct me if I'm wrong, fellow tempers, but SSBB is a Nintendo WFC game which cannot be copied because you can't have the same friend code twice.
if u haven't used WFC and still can't copy then I don't know what to do other than to use the Twilight Hack/HBC to extract the save to an SD card.
I don't believe having the game disc in the drive will have anything to do with copying the save

Correct me if I'm wrong
~ Jon

Yeah, I don't have brawl unfortunately and you may be right as far as the wifi codes thing goes, but using what I suggested above you can copy protected saves to SD though so who knows maybe he'll luck out and it'll work once copied to his wii
smile.gif

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonjon95 said:
correct me if I'm wrong, fellow tempers, but SSBB is a Nintendo WFC game which cannot be copied because you can't have the same friend code twice.

Correct me if I'm wrong
~ Jon

I will gladly correct you, EVERY wfc game makes a new friend code. They all treat the wii with the game as one entity, so no matter how you pass around a disk or a save file, the mac is linked to your wii not the file, copying a friends gamesave may change your wfc code(possibly) but it will NEVER give you the same one as your friend.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... if it's the wifi thing, then Nintendo is kind of dumb. For the nintendo ds, the save data was stored on the cart, and if you put your cart into a different DS, it overwrites your friend code, never to be used again. There is a save manager homebrew app I saw a while ago, but I'm not too sure about how it works and if it works with Brawl, although it should, because that's probably why it was made.
If you can't get your exact save, you can always get a downloaded save. A custom save maker would be cool. You could fill it out to be exactly like your normal save, to stay legit and all.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as the game has been played once on the Wii, you can copy the save data to it (there are probably some exceptions to this though...)

Just use the rebooter function in GeckoOS to disable No Copy Flags. I think there is a hack for preloader that does the same thing, also.

Then you can copy it back over to the Wii, no problem.

kwf001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rebooter options in Gecko OS worked! Thanks alot for the help!

So then I wonder... if it's that easy to copy a save game to SD... why do people bother with save game extractors?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: