Copy Savegame to cartridge

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by noX1609, Dec 9, 2016.

1. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hi,

i started playing Pokemon Sun as a installed cia File. Now i would like to play the game with the cartridge but i don't want to loose my savegame.

Is there a possibilty to transfer the Savegame from the installed Version to the cartridge? Because normally they are stored on the cartridge and if i want to use it with the card i have to copy it there right?

My console is a New 3DS XL with a9lh, updated Sysnand 11.2 and the latest version of Luma.

Thanks in advice for help :)

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Just dump the CIA save file with savedatafiler and re-import it to "CTR CARD". Apparently you can use JK save manager too, but personally i don't see an improvement over the official nintendo app. If it's good enough for game devs, its good enough for us homebrewers...

It works vice versa, too. I've done it many times. But if your CIA and cartridge are different regions, it won't work. Region must stay the same, i believe.

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Install JKSM CIA -> Insert Sun cart -> Go to SD/CIA and choose Pokemon Sun -> Export Save -> enter a name for the backup -> Go to main menu and choose Cartridge -> Import Save -> Choose backup you just made.

I can confirm this works as I am now playing my Sun save on my cart.

@Jao Chu Pokemon games are region free now. I personally haven't tested it but it should theoretically work between regions.

Zidapi and Quantumcat like this.
  4. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks for your quick help! :)

5. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    If you're getting strange errors such as "save data is corrupted" try deleting the "secure value" for pokemon sun.

6. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    SDF is made for developers who want to test things, JKSM is made for users who want to easily manage their saves.
    JKSM does that automatically.

7. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Being a homebrew app, my personal opinion is that an official nintendo app would be safer to use. I still use devmenu to install my CIA's too, but hey, each to their own.