OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have been trying to play games on this Laptop. It plays them. Crappily, but it plays them. However the true problem comes with overheating. It constantly just shuts off, even just by playing MAME.

I have done everything I could think of, even flipping the damn laptop upside down and pointing the ceiling fan on full blast on the roasting bottom of it. According to Speedfan, the temperature isn't dropping at all from 71. I can still use it while it's flipped upside down and closed because I have it connected to a monitor and keyboard/mouse.

The one thing that's bothering me is that Speedfan is acting like this Laptop has no fans in it at all...please tell me that I really don't have a single fan on this...

fanpn0.jpg

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mabye you should buy a laptop cooling pad

also, i wouldnt use that on your lap without something that has high insulation (or the thing that blocks temperature change)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't use it on my lap. Like I said now I have it upside down directly under a giant fan...
wtf.gif

And I shouldn't have to buy any more additional hardware when the ****ing thing should of came with it!
mad.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
interesting program. can i use it to increase the speed of my fan? none of the options seem to incfluence it.

my PC seems to overheat alot /_\

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well mate, why don't you buy a desk fan. you know, the one that has 3 speeds? yeah, that one. buy one, switch it on to speed 3 and point it to your laptop. that's what i did to my laptop. it works, though you'll have to make do with the fan sound.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about the diagnostics (or lack thereof), some laptops just don't have sensors in that those programs can use. Wouldn't surprise me if the temperature's wrong as well.

About heating: short-term solution but one of my friends swears by putting the laptop feet on stands / a pile of coasters that give it a 1-2 inch clearance between the laptop and the desk. The extra space for air to circulate dropped the average temperature by a good 10 degrees. Or something like that.

Edit: just out of curiousity I installed it, those boxes are mostly blank on mine too. For some inexplicable reason it thinks I have 2 fans running at 0rpm, even when the one fan I actually have is on. I'm not even going to go into the mess that is 9 temperature sensors :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night