Converting PAL savefiles into NTSC ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Distrance, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Title says pretty much everything..

To summarize it up : I modded my Wii but didn't install Starfall at first. I deleted the Twilight Save from my system and started new savefile for Zelda Twilight ( I didn't know the savefile was needed for later ... ) .. Now I finally got 3.2E and Starfall installed, but all of this serves no point if I can't have the savefile. Thing is.. I don't want to delete my current save as I've really far in the game...

Solution : I need to convert the savefile into NTSC from PAL, and then play the game off from a NTSC disc... Thus I can have two Zelda Savefiles on my system, and if my Wii semi-bricks, I can use the original Zelda ( PAL ) with it's save file to save my Wii..

Question : Is this even possible ? Or perhaps merging two savefiles ?. ( .. The Twilight Hack one and my current one.. ) [ I doubt ]

Halp ;/

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Only way is "creating" a "New Save" in slot 3, shame like, but that's how it goes, anyway you say you have a modchip...correct, Starfall Patches installed....?

You don't even need the TP Hack with you been on 3.2 which allows trucha signed, also if you bricked your wii "banner brick", you could autoboot wad manager ISO which you dont need the TP Hack, so remove your TP Hack and just put your normal zelda save back in there, if it isn't already.

You don't need the TP Hack on the wii, UNLESS YOU UPDATE TO HIGHER FIRMWARES, THEN KEEP THE TP HACK ON WII
    or create new save and start over, to have both!

so to sum up quickly, your on 3.2 with starfall with a modchip, YOU DON'T NEED TP Hack, have higher than 3.2? then YOU NEED TP Hack! there you have it*

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yea, but I don't have modchip :

4. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    No your safe with starfall patches without modchip on 3.2,just you will always require the TP Hack otherwise if you banner bricked you cant recover unless modchip installed!

Just make dam sure YOU KEEP TP HACK ON YOUR WII AT ALL TIMES AS YOU DON'T HAVE A CHIP
    If you have a chip on 3.2 or lower you don't need the TP Hack

5. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yep I'm aware.. that's why I wanted to convert but I guess it's not possible :/.. Anyway.. I'm sure it's possible if such program was made... anyone ? xD.

By the way, how does the recovering exactly work if my Wii gets banner bricked ? I put Zelda inside, hold y when it boots up and what will happen ? Will Zelda launch ? How do I get to HBC from there though ? And how do I delete the bad WAD file ? Any title deleter doesn't include any names of the titles.. but I could just use WADManager.. couldn't I ?

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    watch this>>>>> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119...t=0&start=0
    Ill tell you right now, keep that fucking TP Hack on your wii, otherwise GAME OVER,
    Be adifferent story is you stayed on 3.2 with modchip you don't need TP Hack, anyway, keep it on mate, otherwise your basicly fully bricked on 3.2 till you get a cjip.....watch the videos

7. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yep that pretty much explains it. Although I wonder.. shouldn't I delete the Homebrew installer from my SD card, because when I talk to the man in Zelda, it would launch the installation of HBC instead of WADManager ?

I think I'll stop installing any WADS or anything on my Wii till I have completed my current save of Zelda... I don't think it can brick without me doing anything ?

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    you will always be safe is you install "trusted wads"
    otherwise if you banner bricked your wii without the TP HACK on the wii, you NEED MODCHIP!

So either install trusted wads, with good reviews, without having TP HACK
    orrrrrrrrrrr create a new save on slow 3 and start zelda over a gain.. its a cunt but hey youll have your save and TP Hack...

9. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yeah '' trusted '' wads... But not all torrents have comments on them. I don't think gbatemp holds links to downloads either ? :/ .. Well.. not that it matters. Most WiiWare games seem to suck, and as for VC games, I don't own classic controller and it was PAIN to play DK Country with a GC controller -.-.

Anyway thanks for your help [​IMG]

10. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    get a wireless GC PAD, im after one [​IMG]

11. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    I HAVE Wireless GC pad and it looks exactly same as normal GC pad. That's not the problem, the problem is playing. Try to play Donkey Kong with that