Hacking Converting EmuMMC partition to rawnand.bin

Rahkeesh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emuMMC partition seems to have gotten pretty borked, it boots past the nintendo logo and shows console battery, but remains stuck on a black screen w/backlight on after that. You can access the power menu with the power button and selection options, but none of them do anything.

After trying several different installs of Atmosphere and Kosmos, with and without sigpatches, I can't seem to fix this so I figured I would just start over with emuMMC. However I want to extract my saves from the current borked emuMMC partition first. I found this method which involves using rawnand.bin made from real eMMC via hekate. Hekate will not backup emuMMC though, so I need another method to generate something like rawnand.bin from it. I saw some methods for backing up an emuMMC partition to a file in this thread, but I'm not sure if that will be the same format as rawnand.bin. Would appreciate if anyone in the know could say so, or else recommend some other method to extract saves from my emuMMC partition.

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My emuMMC partition seems to have gotten pretty borked, it boots past the nintendo logo and shows console battery, but remains stuck on a black screen w/backlight on after that. You can access the power menu with the power button and selection options, but none of them do anything.

After trying several different installs of Atmosphere and Kosmos, with and without sigpatches, I can't seem to fix this so I figured I would just start over with emuMMC. However I want to extract my saves from the current borked emuMMC partition first. I found this method which involves using rawnand.bin made from real eMMC via hekate. Hekate will not backup emuMMC though, so I need another method to generate something like rawnand.bin from it. I saw some methods for backing up an emuMMC partition to a file in this thread, but I'm not sure if that will be the same format as rawnand.bin. Would appreciate if anyone in the know could say so, or else recommend some other method to extract saves from my emuMMC partition.
did would work, but if you want something easier, there's this tool: https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager

Reactions: Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tool recommendation! Unfortunately it will not open my SD card as a drive, which should be just FAT32 + an emuMMC partition at the end. Says input file/drive is not valid NX storage. Maybe that part is totally corrupted? :/

I tried using the new Hekate to mount the emuMMC as a drive over USB in windows. It appeared as like 10+ partitions in disk management and the drive was offline due to signature collisions, although the "drive" in total was around the expected 32 GB. I never looked at the structure of emuMMC before so is that normal or a sign something has gone quite wrong?

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F