Homebrew Converting disc save game to WUP installed game

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to take a save game file from a disc played game and have a WUP installed version of the game recognize it?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to take a save game file from a disc played game and have a WUP installed version of the game recognize it?
Go into Data Management and find out which device has your save game. Make sure that the save and update are on the same device. Install the game/dlc (if you're using it) to that device.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game is installed onto sysnand, your disc saves (that are already on sysnand, since the saves are written there) will already work with your wup installed games. If you install a game onto usb or a hdd, just move the save from sysnand to the usb storage.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh perfect I had the game installed on a USB drive but the original save was on the sysnand. Ill move them! :)
My bad, you would have to move the save to the usb storage before installing the game (or before launching it for the first time) or it wont read the save :(

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you have to move the save before installing the game or it will clobber the game on usb when you move the save!

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a champ I had the game there already. I noticed it would only let me move the entire folder which had DLC, my Save, and an Update. But everything worked after I moved it and it picked up my save game!! :)

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a champ I had the game there already. I noticed it would only let me move the entire folder which had DLC, my Save, and an Update. But everything worked after I moved it and it picked up my save game!! :)
Huh, weird, but it worked at least. Next time try to move a save from sysnand to the usb storage before installing the game there or before launching it for the first time, just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night