Converting Citra .dat files to .sav ?

PaprikaD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm aware my question might have a simple answer but I can't find a solution :

I started playing Ace Attorney SOJ on citra and today I hacked my 3DS and installed the CIA, wanting to continue on the handheld rather than pc.
The thing is I can't find a way to convert Citra save files (a folder and its metadata, and game6_sys.dat and other .dat files) into a simple 000001.sav file like the one that's created on my 3DS sd card, and the console isn't able to read Citra's format.
I don't want to replay through all trials, how can I take my citra save file and put it in my sdcard to play on 3DS ?

Ich_73

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@PaprikaD You should be able to transfer the save file from your pc to your 3ds using Checkpoint.

The basic procedure is:
  • Install Checkpoint on your 3ds
  • Create the following folder on your 3ds' sd card: "/3ds/Checkpoint/saves/0x018F4/My Save"
  • Open Citra, right click on the game and select "Open Save Data Location"
  • Copy the full content of the folder on your pc to the "My Save" folder on your 3ds
  • Start Checkpoint, navigate to the Ace Attorney SOJ icon, press A to select, navigate to "My Save" in the list on the bottom screen, press R to restore, press A for yes
  • Exit Checkpoint, start the game and enjoy

Last edited by Ich_73,
Reactions: PaprikaD

PaprikaD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot, I found someone to explain that to me over reddit ! It's much simpler than I thought and worked perfectly (I had to use jdsk also because checkpoint wouldn't recognize SOJ on the console at first)

Reactions: Ich_73

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr