ROM Hack Convert US roms to PAL possible?

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 4,869
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted-355425

does anyone know if its possible to convert a US rom to a Euro rom or vice versa? is it possible and are there any tools to do it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you want to convert ROMs? If you have the capacity to run modified ROMs* then do you not have region free as part of that?

*I do not think there is a wii style unchecked flag/value.

Anyway I assume you mean just dodge region checks rather than actually convert things as far as saves, language or network games (not that the latter two will probably trouble much here). If so you probably want to read http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH#BNR_Region and http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Region_Lockout

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do you want to convert ROMs? If you have the capacity to run modified ROMs* then do you not have region free as part of that?

*I do not think there is a wii style unchecked flag/value.

Anyway I assume you mean just dodge region checks rather than actually convert things as far as saves, language or network games (not that the latter two will probably trouble much here). If so you probably want to read http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH#BNR_Region and http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Region_Lockout
It's likely that he got impatient and downloaded the first scenerelease region available; but now wants to play online, and he has the wrong region 3DS. Online is not region free usually, but I've seen some converters flying around lately. It's game-specific though.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's likely that he got impatient and downloaded the first scenerelease region available; but now wants to play online, and he has the wrong region 3DS. Online is not region free usually, but I've seen some converters flying around lately. It's game-specific though.

what do you mean by 'online is not usually region free'?
what games are like this?
(because i believe this is not the case)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what do you mean by 'online is not usually region free'?
what games are like this?
(because i believe this is not the case)
I meant for titles that require eShop updates. The only workaround is still to get a .cia version of the update of the right region, no? Games do not usually allow you to play online natively on mismatching 3DS system regions. Except stuff like Pokemon.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I meant for titles that require eShop updates. The only workaround is still to get a .cia version of the update of the right region, no? Games do not usually allow you to play online natively on mismatching 3DS system regions. Except stuff like Pokemon.

sure, but not every online game has an update, not all updates are required etc (but most are). we are lucky that updates are released quickly, at least for jp games
the game basically always plays fine online regardless of the console's region. the update is just a small problem that can be fixed by installing it.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sure, but not every online game has an update, not all updates are required etc (but most are). we are lucky that updates are released quickly, at least for jp games
the game basically always plays fine online regardless of the console's region. the update is just a small problem that can be fixed by installing it.
There's still the problem of someone playing one version and wanting to switch over the progress when another region version is released.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There's still the problem of someone playing one version and wanting to switch over the progress when another region version is released.
sure but that is a different problem, save compatibility :) with a little work most games might be ok, but yes definitely not 'super simple'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)