xlim3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

So I was able to get my vWii homebrew installed, and I tossed an NES emulator on there and fired it up. Works beautifully. Now, I'm looking to do the same with some SNES games, as well as N64 and GC possibly.

The Wii U pad seems like it would work great with all the buttons and sticks that it has, but it doesn't run in vWii mode.

So, I need to get a controller that is compatible with the Wii U and vwii mode.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what to get to fill this need?

Thanks so much in advance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Classic Controller Pro. It's supported by a lot of Wii games, and quite a few Wii U games. And of course all emulators support it. You can also use it with Devolution and in the future probably Nintendont.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with The Real Jdbye, the pro controller is just fantastic. I have 4 of the original Wii ones and those just work perfectly for all the emulators I play on. (NES TG16 SNES Genesis)

xlim3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Classic one rather than the new one for Wii U? I imagine the new one has the same "I don't work on vWii" restrictions?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wiiuse (the library that libOGC uses for connecting Wii remotes) would basically have to be updated (and integrated into libOGC) for Wii U Pro controllers to work with vWii/Wii homebrew (and said homebrew would all have to be recompiled). Not that we're talking about it, but commercial games (e.g. licensed games by Nintendo and friends, not homebrew) would be another matter entirely.

Long story short, stick with a Wiimote + CC (or CC pro) for now.

xlim3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, that makes sense. One more follow up question. I was browsing around last night, and saw that genuine classic controllers are hard to come by, but there seem to be a LOAD of knockoffs on ebay/amazon that are super cheap (2 for like 13 bucks) Considering that some of the only geniune ones I saw are like 40+, should I just buy a pair of knock offs and if they both break down, buy another pair and still come out ahead? Is there any reason to spend way more money on a Ninty one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.