1. Trekker

OP Trekker Member
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Hi guys!

I just updated my Switch to 6.0.1 from 5.1.0, because i wanted to play some of the updates and DLC for games, and for being ready when Pokemon hits.

Now.. I have a problem.. Everytime i start up the switch or go back from sleep mode it comes with "A Controller update is available Update now?"

What should i do? I want to say that i havent been online on this switch and i want to stay offline.

Are there any way to update the controller with SX Os without internet connection or do i need to change something somewhere?

Hope you guys can help me.

Last edited by Trekker, Oct 25, 2018
  2. olku

olku Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Estonia
    Just do the update, joycon updates do not require internet connection.

stephrk398 and TheCyberQuake like this.
  3. Trekker

OP Trekker Member
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Oh thank you so much.

I wouldn't just press update, but i should have done that since i have no connection set up.

Thank you.

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    This. If you are not connected to internet, worst case it will just fail. But I believe the joycon updates are baked into the firmware updates, so you should be able to do it offline prefectly fine

5. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I update just fine the Joycons after update from 5.1 to 6.01 in emunand with ChoiDujourNX.

6. Ntrack

Ntrack Member
    Newcomer

What I restore nand to 4.1.0 and go online? Will it flag the console for a ban because of the updated joycons?

7. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I don't know, but i had the joycons updated in 5.1 (with last update of them) and restore the "clean" Nand (before cfw-homebrew, 5.1) and i thing this Nand didn't had this last update for the joycons i use, but this ones work fine, probably because the Joycons are accesories and work independent of the firmware, the reason for ban is if Nintendo can pick logs from your switch like updates games or games and crash logs the telemetry can detect.

Ntrack likes this.
  8. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Fidget-Spinning Spicy Memelord™

United States
    It shouldn't, as you could attach any set of Joy-Cons to any Switch on any firmware.

Ntrack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Controller, Update,