Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Sri Lanka
    EDIT : On second thought, nah. I'll spare the mods my pathetic humor lol.

Last edited by Jiehfeng, Jul 20, 2018 - Reason: removed submission
    DeoNaught, T-hug and Skittyusedcovet like this.
  2. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

The maze of the warrior monk is a maze with two different paths: you can either follow through the maze by taking down various monsters, or you can take a much longer, harder maze without the need to shed any blood.

You start on the top left of the map, the pink circle. The end goal is the spot where the green line is, at the bottom left.

I didn't put much thought on the kind of monsters there are, since I focused more on the maze. However, for the bosses, I was thinking of monsters inspired by the Asian mythology, such as Namahages or Manananggal.

The path that leads to the monsters is very hard. So hard that, for the majority of people, taking the longer path might be quicker for them. This path focuses on action, rather than the maze itself, as there are 4 times less dead ends than the path with no monsters.

The blue lines are part of a wall that gets crumbled down when the monster nearby is slain. The orange lines are an empty space where the warrior can switch to the maze with no monsters, but can never come back. They who take the path with no monsters can never switch it.

You can't die in this maze. If a monster drains all your life, it will laugh at you until you regenerate half of the life bar. The more you get beaten up, the more the monster will laugh at you, and the quicker your life bar will be regenerated. Get beaten up enough times and you will get a permanent boost in life regeneration, but you will hear the monster's laugh throughout the whole maze, unless you decide to switch to the path with no monsters.

There is no time limit. However, there are three endings: the good ending, the very good ending and the best ending, based on how long it takes you to finish the maze. The best and the very good ending are locked if you get the permanent boost in life regeneration. It's more of an easter egg than anything.

DinohScene, Issac and Skittyusedcovet like this.
  3. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    Is this that one maze that when you use the fill tool it becomes loss. I can kinda tell throuugh the shapes used.

4. Issac

OP Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    I really don't get why this has become such a meme lately.

5. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel
    I forgot to ask: Does the game come on a redeemable eshop key? Might gift it to a friend if I win.

6. Issac

OP Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    It is an eShop key, yes

7. Insighted

Insighted Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ooh more free stuffs

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't think i can make a good maze though so oh well.

8. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

United States
    [​IMG]
    Here's a prototype I whipped up in Unity

Basically the maze is contained in a 3x3x3 grid of interconnected boxes with massive boulders blocking your way. How do you get around the boulders? By using your powers, you can alter gravity to let the boulders roll out of your way. The person navigating the maze must manage their limited space to find their way to the end.
    [​IMG]
    Download link if you're interested in playing :: https://mega.nz/#!jIhDjKjK!KGkYicOEB4IZjhT_UxAiEVHlr_ZBhYWxvQ8i7SuQJy4
    Controls are standard FPS controls: mouse to look, WASD to move. If you press and HOLD left click, time freezes and you can use WASD to rotate gravity.
    I know providing source is a standard here, so if people really want to peek at the Unity project; you can let me know I suppose.

9. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

United States
    How to tell shitpost from real post: less likes, more real. more likes, less real

10. Issac

OP Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Not a long time left to enter! Don't forget!

TiMeBoMb4u2 and RedoLane like this.
  11. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    My entry was the only one not liked by Isaac. Do I have to worry? XD

Issac likes this.
  12. Issac

OP Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Come on guys! Not long to go now :)

13. austin5623

austin5623 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I feel like this one perfectly showcases what happens when I enter a giveaway. I never win.

Attached Files:

• yes.png
      yes.png
      File size:
      2.4 KB
      Views:
    Issac likes this.
  14. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    [​IMG]

The player will start at the "Start Position".

Once the player enters to the Teleport area, it will be set on 1 random color room, [A,B,C or D].
    The player will need to walk trough the room doors [North, South, East, West] repeatedly 4 times. to be teleported back to the Main Room.
    If the player did the sequence in the correct order, before he is teleported to the main room, a number of beeps will sound [can range from 1 to 4].
    Once in the main room, the player needs to input the code [Number of beeps] into the color area in front of the teleport area, corresponding to the color of the area he was when received the code.
    If the player did not make the right sequence, no beep will sound and he needs to enter to the portal again and he will be teleported to a random room again.

Once the player complete the 4 rooms with the correct sequence, and the cryptex has the correct numbers filled in, corresponding to the beeps that the room gave the user, a new portal will appear letting the user exit the main room.

Note:
    There will be NO sound feedback when entering the doors in the room, giving the player any clue that he is walking in the correct order. [This is to lead the player to write them down on paper or something]
    The only Feedback will be given once the user complete pas trough 4 door and only if the sequence is correct, else no feedback will be given, and the user will be on the main room.
    Sequence are Static, meaning that they will be always the same, however, the code will always change, so the user cant go directly to the cryptex to enter the same number.

That's about it, Good Luck to the other contestants!

RedoLane and Issac like this.
  15. Issac

OP Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Thanks to everyone submitting a maze! The staff judges will now have a look and vote for their favorites!

Good luck!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Neverout, Contest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.