emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, N64, it got the best Launch game of all time SM64 and if that werent enough it got the best game of all time Zelda OOT.
And what does PS1 have? Crash(Sly weren't around just yet)... lets see who wins. Crash Vs SM64 + OOT + DK64 +MK64 + YI64 + BJK + BJT + etc.

Clear winner there...

Sources from a simple google search:
http://www.unikgamer.com/tops/favorite-video-games-of-all-time-1.html
http://www.sloganyams.com/2011/04/the-25-greatest-video-games-of-all-time/26/
http://www.thebest100lists.com/best100videogames/
http://www.fhm.com/reviews/console-games/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-20090617#pagetitle
http://www.thetoptens.com/video-games/

BTW sorry for replying to an old post i just had to.

Here ya go:
Makes sense now dosent it?

(Again sorry for replying to old post)

Y so butthurt?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
im, just proving someone wrong.
No, you're just being laughable. The PS1 utterly mutilated the N64, your beloved system was dead on arrival in Europe and Asia and in America it did okay at best. Terrible SDK, powerful hardware built in a way that restricts its use, expensive, poor gamepad, poor storage medium and no games. Even the N64 designers, I quote, "expressed regret" post release. You can stop being delusional now, for each good N64 game you can name 10 PS1 games of equal quality, the PS1 was a clear leader in that generation, that's a fact you can't dispute unless you're a Nintendo Praetorian.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
No, you're just being laughable. The PS1 utterly mutilated the N64, your beloved system was dead on arrival in Europe and Asia and in America it did okay at best. Terrible SDK, powerful hardware built in a way that restricts its use, expensive, poor gamepad and no games. Even the N64 designers, I quote, "expressed regret" post release. You can stop being delusional now, for each good N64 game you can name 10 PS1 games of equal quality, the PS1 was a clear leader in that generation, that's a fact you can't dispute unless you're a Nintendo Praetorian.
Say One game that peoples still talk about? The Most don't even know what crash nor Spyro is more, however there is still a lot of talk about SM64 LOZoot Banjo Goldeneye LOZmm MK you name it, sure I krown up with a Sony system but its clear which system was the best and still is, and frankly I think more would agree with me then you on this.

Also, IV never owned a N64 nor PS1 my first console was the PS2. And now this late after its quite clear that the N64 Won. To be successful peoples have to talk about your product and if I would ask someone there is soo much more chance that they will know about the SM64, Then Crash Bandicoot. Same with Spyro, more know about Banjo Kazooie then Spyro the dragon.

As you are protecting the PS1 I'm guessing it had some big impact in your life, or something happend under you childhood that you associate with the PS1, just guessing, so no offense ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Say One game that peoples still talk about? The Most don't even know what crash nor Spyro is more, however there is still a lot of talk about SM64 LOZoot Banjo Goldeneye LOZmm MK you name it, sure I krown up with a Sony system but its clear which system was the best and still is, and frankly I think more would agree with me then you on this.
I don't normally engage in list wars, but ok:

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 7
Tekken 1-3
Gran Turismo 1-2
Oddworld
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3
Crash Team Racing
Silent Hill
Twisted Metal
Medal of Honor
Grand Theft Auto
Need For Speed
Dance Dance Revolution
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean
etc.

The reason why people can't shut up about how great the N64 games were is because it had whole 5 of'em - it's a cult classic, but not a successful or good system.

This is an objective opinion based on facts, at the time I had neither system, I had a gaming PC. I'm not blinded by nostalgia because I have none for either of those systems.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you are protecting the PS1 I'm guessing it had some big impact in your life, or something happend under you childhood that you associate with the PS1, just guessing, so no offense ;)
Is that not the exact reason you're sticking your dick in the N64 Cart slot right now?
Because you're still playing off of blind nostalgia over the facts of what an actual successful console is?

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Is that not the exact reason you're sticking your dick in the N64 Cart slot right now?
Because you're still playing off of blind nostalgia over the facts of what an actual successful console is?
as i Said, Iv never owned a N64 so, that is impossible.

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 7
Tekken 1-3
Gran Turismo 1-2
Oddworld
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3
Crash Team Racing
Silent Hill
Twisted Metal
Medal of Honor
Grand Theft Auto
Need For Speed
Dance Dance Revolution
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean
etc.

The reason why people can't shut up about how great the N64 games were is because it had whole 5 of'em - it's a cult classic, but not a successful or good system.

This is an objective opinion based on facts, at the time I had neither system, I had a gaming PC. I'm not blinded by nostalgia because I have none for either of those systems.
Gta, agree that still exists.
Need for speed, same.
Metal Gear Solid, same.

but I have never heard of the other ones.

How the fuck does GBAtemp attract so many retards?
A "Retard" is someone who has a lower IQ then average.
and as I has quite a high and I'm able to complete the IQ test with a average score compared to adults I don't consider myself as I retard.
also if I was a "Retard" how would I be able to program software, etc?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Need for speed, same.
Metal Gear Solid, same.

You must live under a fucking rock.

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest RPG series out there.
Tekken is one of the biggest fighters out there.
Gran Turismo 6 was just released like a couple weeks ago.
Twisted Metal was rebooted on the PS3 last year.
Medal of Honor used to be the biggest opponent to Call of Duty before Battlefield came around.
Dance Dance Revolution is fucking Dance Dance Revolution.

If you haven't heard of any of these series, then you don't know jack fucking shit about gaming at all. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Which I guess explains why you have an N64 controller so far up your ass.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and as I has quite a high and I'm able to complete the IQ test with a average score compared to adults I don't consider myself as I retard.

Lrn 2 multi quote.

Lrn 2 vidy gaems.

Reactions: Black-Ice

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You must live under a fucking rock.

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest RPG series out there.
Tekken is one of the biggest fighters out there.
Gran Turismo 6 was just released like a couple weeks ago.
Twisted Metal was rebooted on the PS3 last year.
Medal of Honor used to be the biggest opponent to Call of Duty before Battlefield came around.
Dance Dance Revolution is fucking Dance Dance Revolution.

If you haven't heard of any of these series, then you don't know jack fucking shit about gaming at all. :rolleyes:
That's putting it very lightly. Me thinks he bullshitting.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Need for speed, same.
Metal Gear Solid, same.

That shows exactly how familiar you are with the PS1 library. There are good reasons as to why the PS1 sold well over 100 million units and the N64 only 32, even more reasons why the PS1 had 2400+ games and the N64 only 387.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Need for speed, same.
Metal Gear Solid, same.

42a.png

Either you've had too much to drink for christmas or you were introduced to the world of gaming 2 hours ago.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I always love it when someone defends their intelligence while completely fucking up their grammar along the way. It never gets old.

And really, the "Muh IQ!" routine's kind of sad. Stephen Hawking put it best.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now, now - there's no need for a flamewar in this thread. He's misguided, fair enough, but there's no point in insulting him. To his credit, the couple N64 games he mentioned are indeed highly praised. It's a shame that they're some of the only ones that are interesting on the platform.

Reactions: T Link7 and filfat

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, now - there's no need for a flamewar in this thread. He's misguided, fair enough, but there's no point in insulting him. To his credit, the couple N64 games he mentioned are indeed highly praised. It's a shame that they're some of the only ones that are interesting on the platform.

This isn't a flame war, this is a public flogging.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

snip

What, you didn't even mention the best one of them all, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY