Console refuses to update to 17559

SyrusHedgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a phat Xbox on eBay on 17349, and it refuses to update. Connecting a hard drive from my retail console solved the issue, but when it came to applying the update, it still failed. Status code is 43C5-4497-1380-0700-C000-000E

If it helps, the Xbox didn't come with a disk drive.

Last edited by SyrusHedgie,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You may have to open it up and ensure the disc drive is fully connected. This can happen when the sata cable is not completely inserted into the drive or the drive is malfunctioning.

Does it read disc's properly in its current state?

SyrusHedgie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have to open it up and ensure the disc drive is fully connected. This can happen when the sata cable is not completely inserted into the drive or the drive is malfunctioning.

Does it read disc's properly in its current state?
I stated above that the Xbox did not come with a disc drive. There is none.
Post automatically merged:

What dashboard is it on now? Is the system/drive already hacked in some way?
It's still the same, it never updated. Made a typo, it's actually on 17349. It's completely retail.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stated above that the Xbox did not come with a disc drive. There is none.
Post automatically merged:

It's still the same, it never updated. Made a typo, it's actually on 17349. It's completely retail.
Ah I missed that part, but that's the reason why it will not update. You need an attached dvd drive with the proper key. Just the PCB may work but not sure as it may do a laser test as well during an update. As far as I'm aware the only way you would be able to update is via an RGH hack where you create a Xebuild with the latest dashboard and flash it manually. If the seller didn't include the dvd drive key or the original pcb from the drive the only way you'll be able to put in a new dvd drive is by RGH to retrieve the dvd drive key.

Given that there is no disc drive as well you'll run a risk of being banned from xbox live anyway so I don't see any reason not to RGH since apparently MS can tell if you've powered it up without one. They will ban on the suspicion of power it up with out disc drive as an attempt to flash it with modded firmware. I can't say for sure if this is true but I have read that it's speculated.

Last edited by fringle,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1