Connecting Wii Controller To Android Phone

Discussion in 'Android' started by XAlexBlitz209X, May 22, 2011.

1. XAlexBlitz209X
    OP

XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    United States
    Lately I've Been Playing Gameboy Advanced Roms On My Phone,And I Really Don't Like The On Screen Keys So I Found Out That I Can Play With A Wii Controller.It Said I Needed To Have Bluetooth On So I Went Into My Phones Settings (Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings > Scan For Devices) I Look For My Wii Controller And I Find It But It Says it Needs A Password Does Anyone Know What It Could Be I Tried "0000" And "1234" They Didn't Seem To Work

By The Way I'm Using A Verizon LG Vortex

2. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    I don't really have much experience with this stuff but if you could tell me what app you're trying to use it with i might be able to help

Edit: don't try to connect through straight bluetooth, try Wiimote controller by C.C.P. Cre@ions in the market

3. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    Many newer devices use custom bluetooth drivers that are largely incompatible with HID accessories (such as keyboards and game controllers). I believe the LG P5xx line (which includes the Vortex) is among those, as I have an Optimus One myself and it does not work according to the sites I looked up on that.

4. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    does anyone have a list of apps that let you use the wiimote? i have a xperia arc if it doesn't work then meh.

5. Jotokun

Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    You have to use an app in the market to sync a wiimote to get around that password.

This one works well for me on my Nook Color, it works by treating the remote as a keyboard so you'll have to map the buttons to certain keys and then set the emulator to use them.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.c...e=search_result