Hacking Configurable USB Loader

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, when i try to dump a game using Cfg usb loader, it says ntfs1: 0.0GB free out of 931.5GB

Error: not enough free space.

I have like 800GB free...

can anyone help me?

edit: nvrmnd I just saw installing to ntsf is disabled.
frown.gif

any progress on this?

FantomRedux

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of trouble backing games up. Every time I try to install a game onto my USB stick, it runs through the installation, then when I try to play the game, I get a -2 error. The stick works, because I can play NSMBWii and SMG2 on it, but I can't install Pikmin 2 or MadWorld to it. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of the loader, I updated it a couple of days ago through the loader itself.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
so im on 59a and run games off of 249 ios do i want to update to 59?
None of the changes really affect you.

QUOTE(Fahrenheit @ Sep 2 2010, 03:01 PM) Hey do I need to do anything special to rip a PAL game to my NTSC console?
No.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Dr. Clipper.
Since the 57 release I've been updating just the .dol and the Configurator. Something change in the rest of full pack or I can continue do this to 59?

thanks for attention.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
Hi Dr. Clipper.
Since the 57 release I've been updating just the .dol and the Configurator. Something change in the rest of full pack or I can continue do this to 59?

thanks for attention.
The only changes we make in the full releases are generally the main.dol, Configurator, and language templates, so you are good. If there are changes to other files, we will mention them in the release post.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
pedimaisum said:
Hi Dr. Clipper.

thanks for attention.
The only changes we make in the full releases are generally the main.dol, Configurator, and language templates, so you are good. If there are changes to other files, we will mention them in the release post.

Thanks. I will update to the 59 tonight.
See ya!

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my goal using this program is to make perfect 1:1 dumps and to burn them.

What I did was:

- Format the drive with Wii Backup Manager (WBFS)
- Install the games with loader v58 with 1:1 copy mode
- Transfer the games on PC using wbfs_file extract_iso

It gives me all bad dumps according to redumps.org's checksums.

Furthermore, if I extract_wbfs and then convert to iso it give me a different checksum (???)

What is it I'm doing wrong? Or are redump's md5s all bad? They tell to use SuperDump in their guide, I used your way.

BTW I didn't try to burn any of them to not waste any media in the case redump is right.

Maybe I should try to format the drive to FAT32 instead of WBFS?

Thanks,

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GrEvilKin:

The 1:1 option in cfg will not create a 100% exact dump because of limitations of wbfs.
Wbfs block size is 2MB and number of sectors on a wii disk does not align to a 2mb size.
This is also in the readme:

* option: install_partitions = 1:1
disable scrubbing when installing, except for the last 256kb which are
stil scrubbed because of the wbfs block size not aligned to wii disc size

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
GrEvilKin:

The 1:1 option in cfg will not create a 100% exact dump because of limitations of wbfs.
Wbfs block size is 2MB and number of sectors on a wii disk does not align to a 2mb size.
This is also in the readme:

* option: install_partitions = 1:1
disable scrubbing when installing, except for the last 256kb which are
stil scrubbed because of the wbfs block size not aligned to wii disc size
If I install to a FAT partition will it make a 100% exact dump? Is there a way to make a 100% exact dump?

Is there a way to install to ISO instead of WBFS?

Thanks,

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GrEvilKin said:
If I install to a FAT partition will it make a 100% exact dump? Is there a way to make a 100% exact dump?
If you install to FAT it is still in a .wbfs file container so the same restriction applies.
There is no way at the moment to make a 100% exact dump, sorry.
There's no option to install to ISO file, one of the reasons is because fat is limited to 4gb.
We could split the iso in multiple pieces but this would add further complication and probably confusion.
Maybe when ntfs write is supported, we could add an option to install as 100% 1:1 iso file.

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
GrEvilKin said:
If you install to FAT it is still in a .wbfs file container so the same restriction applies.
There's no option to install to ISO file, one of the reasons is because fat is limited to 4gb.
We could split the iso in multiple pieces but this would add further complication and probably confusion.
Maybe when ntfs write is supported, we could add an option to install as 100% 1:1 iso file.
Thanks a lot for the fast answers! I'll wait for NTFS support then!
biggrin.gif

Do you know of any tool that does 100% exact dumps in the meantime?

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
GrEvilKin said:
Would it be possible to make an update for people like me? To dump 100% but not in WBFS, on FAT with the files having some extension like .bin or whatever for the sole purpose of transferring to PC and then deleting from USB drive? File splitting is OK I don't care at all we just have to merge them. I don't know if it would take a lot of time on your part but it would do nicely, no need for NTFS.

Thanks!

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated to version 59 through the loaderitself but now it won't recognise my HDD and fals to initialize. Any clues as to why?

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fahrenheit said:
Is it a problem we cant make 1:1 backs copies? All the discs I've ripped have played fine.
I'm a perfectionist, I like things the way they should be. Tons of tools made perfect copies on Gamecube, I'd like the Wii to be the same and I love this loader, it would be awesome if it had this feature.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Fahrenheit said:
Is it a problem we cant make 1:1 backs copies? All the discs I've ripped have played fine.
It's not a problem the last 256kb is never used that's just padding / garbage data.
Besides normal install does the scrubbing which will trim out all unused data including that last 256k.
So for playing games it's just fine.
But for those that want to keep it exactly as the source and make hash checksums the install is not exact.

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Fahrenheit said:
It's not a problem the last 256kb is never used that's just padding / garbage data.
Besides normal install does the scrubbing which will trim out all unused data including that last 256k.
So for playing games it's just fine.
But for those that want to keep it exactly as the source and make hash checksums the install is not exact.
Would it possible to add another option or replace the current 1:1 to make perfect dumps (ISO) on a FAT drive, assuming the file will be split? I love your loader, I have to use SuperDump for archiving but I really don't like it, we have to tell if the DVD is DL or not, etc.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk