Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Obihoernchen said:
Hi oggzee,

Here you can find a fully working forwarder for CFG USB Loader. This forwarder is working with the new Priiloader, too. It was made by baduncle. Hope you can add this to your 1st Post, because Narolez forwarder doesn't work with Priiloader anymore.
I have to ask...this is a simple Forwarder, which "only" loads the .dol? So this isn't an NForwarder, which can pass the IOS Argument?

Thanks in Advance for your answer.

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bnm81002 said:
Obihoernchen said:
Hi oggzee,

Here you can find a fully working forwarder for CFG USB Loader. This forwarder is working with the new Priiloader, too. It was made by baduncle. Hope you can add this to your 1st Post, because Narolez forwarder doesn't work with Priiloader anymore.

PS: Whats about channel animations by reading the opening.bnr from the game iso? Is that possible in future maybe?

is there anyway that you can make both dol files into wad files as well? thanks

Why? It's just for Priiloader to boot CFG USB Loader at startup instead of Systemmenu. It isn't a channel. With Priiloader you can use dol/elf files only I think^^

Blue-K said:
QUOTE(Obihoernchen @ Jan 18 2010, 02:12 PM)
Hi oggzee,

I have to ask...this is a simple Forwarder, which "only" loads the .dol? So this isn't an NForwarder, which can pass the IOS Argument?

Thanks in Advance for your answer.

Right. It's the easyiest forwarder possible
wink.gif
Just open the boot.dol and nothing else. Without any banner IOS Argument passing and so on.

pinzet

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dr. Clipper said:
kukupo said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Try using the -fat .dol if you haven't already. If that doesn't work, reinstall IOS222, deleting the one that was there first with AnyTitle Deleter. Your problem sounds like what happens when your IOSes have been stubbed.

I tried using the -fat.dol but no matter what I do it doesn't detect my usb HDD. It goes mounting device please wait.. then 30 seconds and error! (ret = -1)
It works on the plain dol but not the fat one.
Also I tried removing IOS222 and reinstalling it but I still get the same problem.
Well, I have heard of drives that only like IOS249, but hadn't seen one yet (I've seen plenty that go the other way). Looks like you might be part of the unlucky few. You are sure you are using v4 of IOS222, right? If you are unsure, then follow these instructions.

Dear Dr.Clipper I have similar problem as kukupo (but I use Fat instead of NTFS and SDHC instead of usb HDD). I tried removing IOS222 and reinstalling it, I used files mentioned in instruction above, with no success. But it seems to me that you provided for kukupo direct link for good IOS 222 version. Could you post your link one more time ?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pinzet said:
Dear Dr.Clipper I have similar problem as kukupo (but I use Fat instead of NTFS and SDHC instead of usb HDD). I tried removing IOS222 and reinstalling it, I used files mentioned in instruction above, with no success. But it seems to me that you provided for kukupo direct link for good IOS 222 version. Could you post your link one more time ?
FAT does not work on SDHC yet. It is being worked on

The link is the one from the instruction page I posted.

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
About banner animations, that is not a new idea in fact it is mentioned already in the FAQ. However the question is not if it is possible - it obviously is possible if you can see them on wii, the question is who will implement such a feature? I can say that I won't.

Oh its called banner animations.. didn't know that^^
Last question: How difficult is it to implement the following thing: Even if WiiConnect24 is on, the Wii should completely shut down. Now the Wii is only in standby. Maybe a small config addition, where you can set standby or complete shut down?

sry for my bad english -.-

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Obihoernchen said:
oggzee said:
About banner animations, that is not a new idea in fact it is mentioned already in the FAQ. However the question is not if it is possible - it obviously is possible if you can see them on wii, the question is who will implement such a feature? I can say that I won't.

Oh its called banner animations.. didn't know that^^
Last question: How difficult is it to implement the following thing: Even if WiiConnect24 is on, the Wii should completely shut down. Now the Wii is only in standby. Maybe a small config addition, where you can set standby or complete shut down?

sry for my bad english -.-
Do you have Standby switched off in the Wii settings?

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Obihoernchen said:
Hi oggzee,

Just tried this forwarder with Priiloader 0.3 (R46) and it doesn't set the App. Path correctly for doing online updates. It uses sd:/apps/usbloader instead of sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg. Is there a setting in config.txt to force it to update to the correct path?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bobthebigbat said:
Just tried this forwarder with Priiloader 0.3 (R46) and it doesn't set the App. Path correctly for doing online updates. It uses sd:/apps/usbloader instead of sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg. Is there a setting in config.txt to force it to update to the correct path?
There is no such setting.
I hope the forwarder can be fixed?

bunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Oggzee--a question about wbfs_file:

Is it normal for the speed, when batch converting ISOs to WBFS (FAT32 partition), to go anywhere from 100MB/s to 5MB/s from one file to the next (i,e. the first file completes at 100MB/s, second file at 50MB/s, third file 5MB/s, fourth file 30MB/s, etc.)? Is it something wrong with my PC (two separate drives connected to SATA connectors), should the speed hold regardless of the ISO being processed?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bobthebigbat said:
While you wait for a fix, can't you just rename the usbloader_cfg folder to usbloader?

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bobthebigbat said:
While you wait for a fix, can't you just rename the usbloader_cfg folder to usbloader?

My experience was exact opposite, it wouldn't work until the apps directory was named: usbloader_cfg instead of USBLoader.

http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/c...loader_cfg).dol

I tried this version with Priiloader v03b (R48) and it works from USB. Unfortunately, it complains first that it couldn't find the file on the SD card and to press "home" to exit. Once you press "home" it looks on the USB drive for it. Subsequent autobooting to it works without the need to press "home". Once you power off completely and start again, you get the "File not found..." mesage.

Other than that, works great. Looking forward to an automatic path check from SD then USB along with a Channel similar to Narolez.

wizard70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering as now cfg loader can now boot discs, - is it possible to maybe say have a custom cover in the loader so you can boot disc in the normal way rather than go into the menu and find boot loader

pinzet

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dr. Clipper said:
pinzet said:

OK, thank you.

Does NTFS work on SDHC?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pinzet said:
Dr. Clipper said:
pinzet said:

OK, thank you.

Does NTFS work on SDHC?
No. The only stuff working on SDHC right now seems to be WBFS, and then only with IOS249 rev 13 and earlier for some people (although rev 17 might work, I guess).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bunk said:
Hi Oggzee--a question about wbfs_file:

Is it normal for the speed, when batch converting ISOs to WBFS (FAT32 partition), to go anywhere from 100MB/s to 5MB/s from one file to the next (i,e. the first file completes at 100MB/s, second file at 50MB/s, third file 5MB/s, fourth file 30MB/s, etc.)? Is it something wrong with my PC (two separate drives connected to SATA connectors), should the speed hold regardless of the ISO being processed?

Thanks for all your efforts.
I think it's normal, because the reads / writes are cached, so when you get 100mb/s it means it is reading/writing to cache, about 30-50 is what is normal for a disk transfer, while lower than that probably means that the cache is being flushed by the system from the previous operations and at the same time data is being read/written for the next disc...

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
And you can reduce the current process to launch a disc to three steps[...]
Thanks for the tip but I like game info, pressing + to launch DVD backup (and not only dump) would be great (I forgot 2 was used for favourite).

can there be an option to choose favorites or boot disc for button 2

QUOTEJust tried this forwarder with Priiloader 0.3 (R46) and it doesn't set the App. Path correctly for doing online updates. It uses sd:/apps/usbloader instead of sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg. Is there a setting in config.txt to force it to update to the correct path?

if your using the cfg_forwarder(sd_usb-apps-usbloader_cfg).dol thats in that link it makes you change the directory to (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader_cfg as mine was (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader
there was an update to that file in the last 12 hrs so make sure u have the newer 1

this issue-handling page
shows to set the directory to usbloader_cfg

bigup

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys

is it recommended to reboot the wii after each game when using CFG USB Loader? or am i ok to press home button>wii menu?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.9
wbfs_file_2.9.zip
(included sources and windows, linux and mac osx binaries)
Changes:

v2.9:

* Don't sync (write) headers on a wbfs partition when only
reading from it to prevent any possibility of corruption.

(note the only change since last announce of 2.9 is the addition of linux and macosx binaries)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof