Hacking Configurable USB Loader

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, the only danger I can think of is the possibility of a corrupt channel or bad install causing a banner brick. And that's nothing BootMii-boot2 or Preloader can't handle.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
squall23 said:
So I'm at the mount hard drive screen. At the top it says FAT32 mount: SD.

So whenever I try to mount it, it doesn't seem to recognize my hard drive which is formatted to NTFS. Does this mean that my hard drive isn't recognized? Or did I do something wrong?

I even added partition=ntfs1 to the config.txt
Select your device before you select the partition. The device can be selected in the global options page (push 1 twice after getting to the main menu or GUI). Alternatively, ensure you have device=usb in settings.cfg.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Here's a little shell script that renames directories according to titles.txt
rename_titles.sh (linux/macosx only)
I might integrate this into wbfs_file one day...

edit:
re-uploaded a new version, same url.
# v2: fix: check if argument is a directory not a file

Pjetr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FenrirWolf said:
Uhh, the only danger I can think of is the possibility of a corrupt channel or bad install causing a banner brick. And that's nothing BootMii-boot2 or Preloader can't handle.

how does BootMii work? I have it installed at my Homebrew Channel, but if I would brick my Wii, how on earth will I get to that?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Deviling Master said:
What can i use for win xp?
cygwin
wink.gif

Or maybe one of the gui wii (game/backup) managers can add that, if they don't already have that kind of functionality...

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with 3d covers. I've read a few people with the same problem. On the default layout in CFG it's fine, but when I hit down about 3-4 times to switch the view, it freezes with "invalid .png" or something to that effect. My 3d covers are in the sd:/usbloader/covers/3d Is that the right path? Also, could it just be a corrupted 3d cover, perhaps? If I use a different theme that is defaulted to 3d covers with the normal grid layout, it works fine but one of the games, final fantasy crystal bearers i believe, is all distorted, like the .png is corrupted.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
I'm having a problem with 3d covers. I've read a few people with the same problem. On the default layout in CFG it's fine, but when I hit down about 3-4 times to switch the view, it freezes with "invalid .png" or something to that effect. My 3d covers are in the sd:/usbloader/covers/3d Is that the right path? Also, could it just be a corrupted 3d cover, perhaps? If I use a different theme that is defaulted to 3d covers with the normal grid layout, it works fine but one of the games, final fantasy crystal bearers i believe, is all distorted, like the .png is corrupted.

Please provide a link to the image

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
uberbdon said:

Please provide a link to the image

unfortunately the image was downloaded via the CFG loader, ill try to dig it up, though.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i cant upload the file to any imagehosting sites. there is an error, either its that badly corrupted or they cant host png's. and i cant seem to find the 3d cover on any cover sites.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.
Sorry if this has been answered, but there are 481 pages on this thread.I read a few of them but could not find the answer.
Well, i am using configurable USB Loader on a new Wii (does not support dvd's), system menu 4.2.
I use an SDHC PNY 8 gb card, it has two partitions in it.One Fat32, where i run Cnf USB Ldr, and a WBFS one, where i keep my backups.
Everything seems to work fine, until i try to run a game.
I have two backups at the moment: Wii Sports and Zelda:Twilight Princess.
When i press A to run the game, it says "Please wait, game is booting" (or something close to that).
But no matter how long i wait, the game never boots.
I tried messing around with the configs, like changing the IOS, but to no avail.
Is there any solution to my predicament?
Thank you.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarkP80 said:
Hi everyone.
Sorry if this has been answered, but there are 481 pages on this thread.I read a few of them but could not find the answer.
Well, i am using configurable USB Loader on a new Wii (does not support dvd's), system menu 4.2.
I use an SDHC PNY 8 gb card, it has two partitions in it.One Fat32, where i run Cnf USB Ldr, and a WBFS one, where i keep my backups.
When i press A to run the game, it says "Please wait, game is booting" (or something close to that).
I tried messing around with the configs, like changing the IOS, but to no avail.
Thank you.

I've had a similar problem if it was a bad transfer from PC to the WFBS partition. Also, make sure its the right region code.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp, it wasn't the final fantasy cover causing this, i fixed that. whenever i switch to the cover flow view i get a green screen and it reboots to system menu. anybody having this problem? I've tried 50c, 50, and 49, all have the same problem.

edit - every few times I can read the error message, it says CFC error or something to that effect.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
MarkP80 said:
Hi everyone.
Thank you.

I've had a similar problem if it was a bad transfer from PC to the WFBS partition. Also, make sure its the right region code.
Thanks for the reply.
But my backup from Wii Sports was taken from the disc directly to the partition through USB Loader.
So that can't be it.
I didn't mess with the region code settings.
Both my backups are NTSC (United States)
My Wii Sports is RSPE01 and my Zelda is RZDE01.
Thanks for any help.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
SDHC support was broken (not sure in what rev), either try a SD card (not sdhc) or an external hard drive and it should work
Oh man...that sucks.
I will be unable to buy another card/hdd for quite a while.
Is there an earlier rev i could maybe use?
It won't conflict with anything if i use an earlier rev, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog