Hacking Configurable USB Loader

yas78687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, first off - amazing job on the configurable USB loader!

But can I just ask - I wanted to know if there was a way to cancel/remove the "delete game" ability from the config usb loader (i mean when you press the - button on the wii) as i got this to prevent damage or loss of my games but it is kind of easy for my little brother to delete the games from there (hes only 4 and already quite good at deleting all my movies and music lol). I dont want to hide the games as i want him to be able to play the games, just not delete (or even install) any...

any helps greatly appreciated,

regards,

Yas

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yas78687 said:
hey guys, first off - amazing job on the configurable USB loader!

But can I just ask - I wanted to know if there was a way to cancel/remove the "delete game" ability from the config usb loader (i mean when you press the - button on the wii) as i got this to prevent damage or loss of my games but it is kind of easy for my little brother to delete the games from there (hes only 4 and already quite good at deleting all my movies and music lol). I dont want to hide the games as i want him to be able to play the games, just not delete (or even install) any...

any helps greatly appreciated,

regards,

Yas
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...p;#entry2371504

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
bootsector said:
Yes. 49b-fat works with my 2GB Sony pendrive. But doesn't work with my HDD enclosure. 49b (non-fat) works with this HDD enclosure formatted as WBFS.

Regards,

bootsector
Very strange. How exactly does it not work?

If it's just not detecting the drive at startup, try using IOS249 to load the drive, but IOS222 to start the games. Just use 49b and add "partition = FAT1" to config.txt. Delete any partition option from settings.cfg as well. Before launching a game, make sure you choose IOS222 in the options menu.

When using 49b-fat it doesn't detect the USB at all. It just starts the 30 secs timeout, then nothing.
frown.gif

Now I've just reverted back to 49b and the HDD to WBFS filesystem and it works. But I would really like to use FAT filesystem on my USB drive....

Is that possible to configure 49b-fat to start with IOS249 instead of IOS222?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
So the troll is dead and these questions are just tempting me too much, so I'm back :S.

sheesh, you scared the crap out of me! i thought you were gone forever just because of some stupid troll when i was reading through the thread... well, dont scare us all like that agin, young man! or you'll be grounded!
wink.gif
as well, i still can't get NSMB wii to work for me... i kinda gave up a while ago. maybe i should try manually patching the BCA... although i still havent tried a different pc-side manager for WBFS, any suggestions? (i'd like to be a british cheerleader, and i love biological controll agents anyways!
moogle.gif
) i am on v.48b ithink, and i do have IOS222 (merge 60) and IOS 223 (merge 37), and of course i have CIOS rev 14. please help, my friend keeps going on about how AWESOME!!!! it is, just to piss me off >.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bootsector said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bootsector said:
Yes. 49b-fat works with my 2GB Sony pendrive. But doesn't work with my HDD enclosure. 49b (non-fat) works with this HDD enclosure formatted as WBFS.

Regards,

bootsector

If it's just not detecting the drive at startup, try using IOS249 to load the drive, but IOS222 to start the games. Just use 49b and add "partition = FAT1" to config.txt. Delete any partition option from settings.cfg as well. Before launching a game, make sure you choose IOS222 in the options menu.

When using 49b-fat it doesn't detect the USB at all. It just starts the 30 secs timeout, then nothing.
frown.gif

Now I've just reverted back to 49b and the HDD to WBFS filesystem and it works. But I would really like to use FAT filesystem on my USB drive....

Yes you can configure any version of the loader to work with any IOS, but you have a better chance of it working by using 49b normal as that seems to be working for you. Just follow the steps I stated in the quoted response to do so. You do not need to use 49b-fat to use a FAT32 drive, you only need to add that partition option to config.txt and remove it from settings.cfg, and also ensure you check the options screen of the games to choose IOS222 or 223 to actually load them.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yo does anyone have trouble ripping Soulcalibur Legends onto the hard drive? I can't rip it for some reason as it gives me an error

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yas78687 said:
i got nsmb to work, just followed all of gafs steps on the tutorials on:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223
and
http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader
to play via fat32 hd...

hope that helps :/
thanks for trying, but I already used those steps to install IOS 222 and 223 in the first place. i have both the PAL and NTSC version of the game by the way. same problem with each, but the other two games i have bothered to get work fine.

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
I've seen versions of v49 around GBAtemp. When does it really come out?

I'm using it now. Started out with v48 and it automatically informed me that an update was available (v49 beta, however). Downloaded and rebooted....all is well. The "newest" games that I've added are NSMB and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Both work fine. I followed xzxero's guide to "simply" mod my wii (used a hard mod --flat-mod-- until the NSMB release) and have run both NEOGAMMA and Configurable USB Loader with IOS 249 since about three weeks ago. Not one of my previously burned games or downloaded & transferred to WBFS games have failed. All work beautifully (in fact, trimmed games that did not work previously work quite well now via configurable usb loader/neogamma), and part of me wishes that I'd gone the soft-mod route eight months ago when I first got my wii... Though who could blame me? Mine is a LU65+ model and as of April '09 soft-modding such a wii was comparable to walking on egg-shells.

I realize that you asked "when does it come out?" but the beta is working fine (for me, anyhow). Give it a try, or install v48 and wait for "an update is available" to pop up. I wasn't disappointed, though as these forums suggest, what works for most will not necessarily work for all. Hope this helps; otherwise, I apologize for wasting yours or anyone's time.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cup9192, I don't know what you mean by the message popping up. You need to actively check for updates to see if anything new has been released.

Hatsu, if your Wii isn't connected to the net, you can always get the latest download link from my tutorial.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootsector said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bootsector said:

Regards,

bootsector

frown.gif

have you activate your newer fat partition ?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Yo does anyone have trouble ripping Soulcalibur Legends onto the hard drive? I can't rip it for some reason as it gives me an error
I didn't have any problems. Must be something with your disc (a scratch or maybe some crud or dust on the disk itself).

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't hurt to go to the Home Menu and go back to the Wii Menu from there from a game in Config USB Loader right? I heard other people say it's better to turn off the Wii manually than go to the Home menu. Is that true?

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
It doesn't hurt to go to the Home Menu and go back to the Wii Menu from there from a game in Config USB Loader right? I heard other people say it's better to turn off the Wii manually than go to the Home menu. Is that true?

i do that ALL the time without issue, using cfg loader... most notably in between my animal crossing city life and my modern warfare reflex stints
wink.gif
i switch back and forth a lot, but yeah no problems here from using home menu then going to wii menu and back into the loader or anything else for that matter.

btw i'm using 49 now if you were wondering (if it makes a difference i dont know)

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So have there been any decision on what formats to support when it comes to the .bca files, binary or plain text, or both?

Edit:
Oh and maybe have the .BCA files in

./BCA/gameid.bca ( like sd://usb-loader/bca/gameid.bca or sd://apps/whatever/bca/gameid.bca )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg