Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
what i have noticed is that i have the dol installed to autoboot in preloader. the first time i turn on the wii and boot into usbloader the covers appear a dimmed out black and the cursor is dimmed out black as well. if i press the home button it reboots and corrects everything. not sure why this happens, maybe a timing issue on initial load or something. it has done this for the last several releases. i never mentioned it since i just figured it was a known issue. i did not see it listed in the faq of issues so thought i'd share.
Which dol? The forwarder one or the loader one? You should be using the forwarder one.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:
what i have noticed is that i have the dol installed to autoboot in preloader. the first time i turn on the wii and boot into usbloader the covers appear a dimmed out black and the cursor is dimmed out black as well. if i press the home button it reboots and corrects everything. not sure why this happens, maybe a timing issue on initial load or something. it has done this for the last several releases. i never mentioned it since i just figured it was a known issue. i did not see it listed in the faq of issues so thought i'd share.
Which dol? The forwarder one or the loader one? You should be using the forwarder one.

using the actual dol. i am on preloader v.30 and the forwarder was not working since my dols and homebrew are on the usb device and not an sd card. version .30 doesn't recognize the usb device so i had to install the actual loader dol instead.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:

using the actual dol. i am on preloader v.30 and the forwarder was not working since my dols and homebrew are on the usb device and not an sd card. version .30 doesn't recognize the usb device so i had to install the actual loader dol instead.
The new forwarders recognise the hard drive. They should work. Try both the forwarder and hybrid channel linked in the first post and at least one should work as long as you have boot.dol in one of the correct locations on the hard drive.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:

The new forwarders recognise the hard drive. They should work. Try both the forwarder and hybrid channel linked in the first post and at least one should work as long as you have boot.dol in one of the correct locations on the hard drive.

i'm gonna try the nforwarder again and see if i still have issue.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:
Dr. Clipper said:
mgrimmenator said:

i'm gonna try the nforwarder again and see if i still have issue.

ok, here's what happens. when using nforwarder preloader searchs to load app from aps folder. in version .29 it would look at sd card and if not found would then go to usb device and find file. with version .30 of preloader it only looks at sd card and since my files are on the usb device i just get a black screen. version .30r5 of preloader is suppose to fix this issue but has not been released yet. in the mean time i can test loading with forwarder and put app on sd card and see if same issue happens.

I put all data on sd card and used the nforwarder-preloader dol that should be universal. this same dol worked with no problems on preloader v.29 but does not work on preloader v.30. you just get a black screen. i am not sure if this will be allowed in later revisions of preloader but the only way to get the usbloaders to autoboot is to install the actual dol file. when you do this it causes the black shadowy thing and sometimes crashes on initial load.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the seagate freeagent 1.5 tb you have to plug in the hard drive in the channel on the wii menu and wait for the hard drive and then start cfg. If you don't do it this way cfg won't recognize the hard drive. Is there anyway to make so i can leave it plugged in all the time?

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
With the seagate freeagent 1.5 tb you have to plug in the hard drive in the channel on the wii menu and wait for the hard drive and then start cfg. If you don't do it this way cfg won't recognize the hard drive. Is there anyway to make so i can leave it plugged in all the time?

as far as i know seagate freeagent is one of the hard drives i was told to stay away from. might be due to this reason. i am using verbatim hard drive with no issues. i have used usbloadergx, usbloadercfg and wiiflow usb loader with no problems either autobooting or running from system menu. never had the power on in the channel issue ever in fact i rairly even go into the system menu. i would say this is probably a freeagent issue.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
LxTrix said:

as far as i know seagate freeagent is one of the hard drives i was told to stay away from. might be due to this reason. i am using verbatim hard drive with no issues. i have used usbloadergx, usbloadercfg and wiiflow usb loader with no problems either autobooting or running from system menu. never had the power on in the channel issue ever in fact i rairly even go into the system menu. i would say this is probably a freeagent issue.
First post in a long break:
I use and have used a SeaGate 320GB Hardrive, and have no Issues with it, Atall.
Maybe its because of how big your drive is.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
LxTrix said:

Yeah, my seagate freeagent 250 has been flawless. Possibly the size of his hard drive, but to say to stay away, I don't think so.

Edit, thanks for the loader Oggzee, Upstatical. and Dr. Clipper for all the help. Great support

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:

I've got the same drive and have very few issues. It does take a few seconds to spin up if you just plugged it in, and any drive would have to wait at this point. If you are referring to the drive being idle and powering down while not in use then you can fix that. The drive comes with its own tools preinstalled (can also be downloaded). You can turn off the "Spindown Control" so that it never activates this mode.

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?loca...000f5ee0a0aRCRD

hope that helps

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The themes on page 1 - before I do any - do I just download then unrar & place in themes folder on sd?
Presume so, but don't want to muck anything up now it's working so good
biggrin.gif

Updated to v45 & am currently installing as many as I can.
1st time I tried Mario Kart it wouldn't play after I installed it - disk a bit scratchy - could that be why?
It did say 30mins then 20min later @ about 75% went dead slow for next 3 hrs so I left it running & went to bed!
Oh yeah, also, does loader install legit disks - got legit Mario Kart in mint condition
Thanks for any help guys.
bow.gif

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
inAcrysis said:
The themes on page 1 - before I do any - do I just download then unrar & place in themes folder on sd?
Presume so, but don't want to muck anything up now it's working so good
biggrin.gif

Updated to v45 & am currently installing as many as I can.
1st time I tried Mario Kart it wouldn't play after I installed it - disk a bit scratchy - could that be why?
It did say 30mins then 20min later @ about 75% went dead slow for next 3 hrs so I left it running & went to bed!
Oh yeah, also, does loader install legit disks - got legit Mario Kart in mint condition
Thanks for any help guys.
bow.gif

Yep, you can use the loader to rip legitimate discs. They rip even faster than burned ones in my experience.

oggzee said:
QUOTE(Roobitz @ Oct 21 2009, 10:55 AM) "libpng error: invalid block type
Abort called."
Could this be due to a corrupted image file or something else entirely? I'm going to update from 45b2 to 45 and see if this fixes it, even though I know that shouldn't make any difference.
Very likely a corrupted png image (and/or fat filesystem)
I suggest connecting the disc to your pc, do a filesystem check and look at all the images if they show up correctly.
also maybe check the image file sizes if one of them has an unusual small size or something...

You were right. My fullcover of Monsters vs. Aliens was corrupted. Thanks!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oggzee your loader is flawless in its current form. The only thing left over that might be nice to have is to add small things like a Download All Cheats function or Download Games.txt upon updating or something similar.

No other loader allows this that I'm aware of.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there is there is a TODO #32 that Oggzee is working on. I don't know what it is but someone said it was going to be awesome. They could not say anymore though. Just when you think it can't be any better someone always adds more.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I hope it is what was just put into usbloadergx where you can mount the dvd drive and launch wii and gc games on disc right from inside the loader. This will be great for games like COD3 and Splinter Cell Double Agent where you can only run from disc. The less time I spend in system menu the better. I know a loader is for launching games but I'd love to see this evolve into a complete system menu that one day replaces the standard one. And allows dvd, media playback etc the works.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
hope fuly it is multi subfolders for music ive been tring to work in theme music for my themes.

QUOTE(mgrimmenator @ Oct 22 2009, 08:51 PM) Actually I hope it is what was just put into usbloadergx where you can mount the dvd drive and launch wii and gc games on disc right from inside the loader. This will be great for games like COD3 and Splinter Cell Double Agent where you can only run from disc. The less time I spend in system menu the better. I know a loader is for launching games but I'd love to see this evolve into a complete system menu that one day replaces the standard one. And allows dvd, media playback etc the works.

These are all simple mods, relatively speaking - whereas TODO #32 has never been seen in any loader. It's truly revolutionary.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope its not a powering down issue. The 1.5 tb is a different beast then the little ones. SO really i understand those are great but i'm looking for experience from people with the bigger drive. I also didn't ask for in put about the drive.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
These are all simple mods, relatively speaking - whereas TODO #32 has never been seen in any loader. It's truly revolutionary.
And just before hype goes too wild... No, it is not Gamecube USB Loading. It's still revolutionary and awesome, though
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Offroad was awesome