werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Oggzee, great work man, the new v42 is sweet, one question, are you adding the intro screen to themes? because if it is, man that will rock the world, as you already work with overlays you can put an overlay of the logo and stay in top of the intro screen we choose.

If not, well we'll still enjoy the best usb loader for Wii, and still make themes for it.

Keep up the good work.

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally worked up the courage to get a USB loader working on m wii today- I went with this one, the configurable USB loader. I got the cIOS38 rev14, and installed that with the installer, and then when I went to load the USB loader, I got a message saying the cIOS could not be found or read, with a (-4100) error. What does this mean? I'm assuming I might have done something wrong with the cIOS, but the installer went through with no problems... my wii is 4.0, with nothing really major aside from dvdx and HBC installed on it, did I miss a step or something else crucial?

editing to say I have not done ANYTHING aside from install that single cIOS. I've had a really rough time finding the exact procedure to use, for any USB loader, and im a little too paranoid to experiment. If anyone can explain why the USB loader wont detect that though, I would be very much in debt.

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the link, this should hopefully help, I dont have a lot of confidence in my abilities.
tongue.gif
I didn't even know to do that trucha bug downgrade, or even knew you -had- to do something like that to get the IOS working :|

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could someone explain how to put all the covers on there if i have no wifi? i downloaded the disks, and covers from wiitdb (i couldn't find the full covers though) but where exactly do i put them, i assume in "covers" but do i extract them? do i rename them? please help

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
could someone explain to e how to put all the covers on there if i have now wifi? i downloaded the disks, and covers from wiitdb (i couldn't find the full covers though) but where exactly do i put them, i assume in "covers" but do i extract them? do i rename them? please help

Don't do it that way. Use the loader itself to download your covers (press 1, then 1 again for global options...press right on download covers) and it'll download the covers for you, named correctly, right to your SD card
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reginator said:
So will the fact that i've already tried to install cIOS38rev14 mess with anything when I try to do the trucha bug restore step?

If you've successfully installed it, then you won't need to run the TBR at all. But if installation failed, then it won't have messed anything up. Don't worry about that.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
baffle-boy said:
sorry for my crappy typing, i meant i had NO wi-fi, as in that wont work... or will it?
put your covers in \usb-loader\covers\ on your SD or USB drive.

name them R69V19.png or R69V_wide.png

just an example! create subfolders 3D, full or disc for those covers.

I might be wrong in any of above statements, since I don't have any access to my setup as for now.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
developers: Wouldn't it be nice to add support for .dol files?

When I play homebrew games (and homebrew apps) I don't want to load the HBC before each game, so I squeeze each .dol file into an iso and load it with CFG instead. it works, but it would be much nicer if the loader supported .dol files, as well.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
werewolferx said:
Oggzee, great work man, the new v42 is sweet, one question, are you adding the intro screen to themes?
No.
Also because the intro is shown way before all the initialization, config loading and theme loading takes place. When all this is done the intro is turned off and the gui or console shown.

QUOTE(Vattu @ Sep 9 2009, 03:57 PM) developers: Wouldn't it be nice to add support for .dol files?
Very unlikely. At least not in the near future.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Possible new user here!! lol

I am wondering if this loader supports NAND Emulation for game saves, or are the devs planning to implement this feature in the future?

The GX devs have said on their googlecode pages that they will probably NEVER do it. :-(
Thats why i am a possible new user!! :-)

Thanks

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
reginator said:
So will the fact that i've already tried to install cIOS38rev14 mess with anything when I try to do the trucha bug restore step?

If you've successfully installed it, then you won't need to run the TBR at all. But if installation failed, then it won't have messed anything up. Don't worry about that.

Yeah- when I installed it, I didn't receive any kind of errors or anything, I made it through to the part where it says successful, press A to restart. But if that should work, now I dont understand why the configurable USB loader is saying it can't find the cIOS...

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
usptactical said:
nikeymikey said:
I am wondering if this loader supports NAND Emulation for game saves, or are the devs planning to implement this feature in the future?

There are currently no plans for that.

Shame that! Would be helpful to me and im sure there are loads of other people it would benefit too!

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee said:
nikeymikey said:
Shame that! Would be helpful to me and im sure there are loads of other people it would benefit too!
see me cry
lol.. that was mean oggzee... lol
your answer got me a little tear.. probably not the same though..
each time I read it my mouth does a weird sound and my stomac iche...
I wonder why..
wtf.gif

but I would like to point out that "there are currently no plans" is not a definite no..

R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==