Hacking Configurable USB Loader

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using the simple wbfs file manager and yes i'm using fat32. It is only doing it on like 6 specific games and the rest are fine. .

I was thinking maybe it is because they are 2gb splits and should be 4gb splits.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
LxTrix said:
i'm using the simple wbfs file manager and yes i'm using fat32. It is only doing it on like 6 specific games and the rest are fine. .
I was thinking maybe it is because they are 2gb splits and should be 4gb splits.
Are they missing splits?
You only need to replace those 6 specific games - just delete and re-install them.
Maybe compare number of splits and file sizes of the corrupted games with the newly installed.
Don't forget to do a disk check (you know how, right?)
Also, make sure to use the latest version of the tools you use.

edit: The split size shouldn't matter. But if you're re-installing them, then sure use the 4gb split size.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
wbfs error hd num sector doesn't match

I had this issue yesterday caused by partial installed games (failed install) that i tried to install a second time, Deleting the culprits from either the loader or windows seemed to fix the issue for a.
of the games one reached 33% and never showed in the loader the other reached 64% but couldnt get a cover or provide sound.

Not sure if possible or even worth noting but maybe add a feature where the loader auto deletes a title that fails on install? this may also help reduce corruption to games later added to WBFS drives. but then im only guessing
biggrin.gif

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
wbfs error hd num sector doesn't match

I've had this error before and was told to reformat. I used fat32format and it worked for a month and now the error is back, what is causing this? I really don't want to reformat again. Help please?

Another question random thought. Will it ever be possible to have a hybrid .dol file that runs both wbfs or fat32? If not i suggest it detect that its the wrong type of partition and say would you like to download the correct .dol?

I've seen this before, but it was only on one single file. You might watch to see what file it is crashing on, remove that game and try the others. That worked for me. I think it may have something to do with taking the drive in and out of Windows, especially if you repair it. My drive usually says there are errors after I connect it to the Wii and try to connect it back to Windows. I just say skip and everything works fine.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
JJBro1 said:
does anyone have the link to a channel that doesn't make that loud obnoxious techno music in the beginning? Maybe one that does the little virtual console chime?

why dont you replace it with your own obnoxious sound.bin then if the current one isnt to your standards
ok what do i do with the sound.bin?

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have a question,

I want to have the save file and confiq file on my harddrive, i have 1gb fat32 partition and 290gig wbfs partition, but it always save on my sc card, how do i change that so i can save on my 1gb fat32 partition.?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Also, is there a way to change the timeout value when downloading a specific cover type is not found? It always retries 2-3 times and it takes a long time to abort which is extremely irritating, IMO
frown.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
pepxl said:
JJBro1 said:
does anyone have the link to a channel that doesn't make that loud obnoxious techno music in the beginning? Maybe one that does the little virtual console chime?

why dont you replace it with your own obnoxious sound.bin then if the current one isnt to your standards
ok what do i do with the sound.bin?

use CustomizeMii,

1. load the .wad
2. select sound.bin for the drop down list and the bottom of the source tab
3. select the sound.bin file location
4. select options tab, then tick Lz77 compression and press the gig button at the bottom that displays random messages
5. select your new save laction, done

same channel but with the VC sound.bin

P.S

its not techno music but a moog acid loop that can be in any time of 4 bar music not just techno

Player77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whenever I try to dump a game from disc to the USB-HD , I get a WBFS error ret-1

When I use WBFS Manager on the PC to put games onto the hard disk, it's working flawlessly.
But using cfg usb loader to dump discs is giving me this error all the time.
I've tried it with version 48 and 49.

Anyone who might have an idea what's causing the problem ?

Edit:
My wii is 4.0E
cIOS38rev15 installed
IOS222 installed

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Player77 said:
Whenever I try to dump a game from disc to the USB-HD , I get a WBFS error ret-1
Can you make a screenshot and post it here, it might tell more.
Do older versions work fine?

Player77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today is the first time I used a USB loader of any kind. Since this one has so many good reviews, I thought I'll start with this one ;-)

The first version I tried earlier was 49. That one was also having problems with downloading covers for the games. So I tried version 48. That one is working fine with covers. But it's still not dumping discs.
I'll try to take a picture later today or else tomorrow. (Visitors in the house right now) ;-)

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Hello! i have just bought an Wester Digital my passport essental 320gb. and fast formated the drive, as Fat32 then i made an wbfs partition, and when i install a game at 50% it says WBFS ERROR:Read error (ret= -1)

Press A to eject dvd?

Anyone?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I will refer you to the last 3 posts made before yours... (how did u miss that? I would understand if it was on page 200, but its on the LAST page)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2447642

sounds like oggzee could use some more info on your problem, maybe you can send him a screenshot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...