Hacking Configurable USB Loader: Internet Connectivity Issue

AngelOfThySword

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be encountering a unique issue concerning the use of internet connectivity within Configurable USB Loader v70r78.11.

When accessing the “Updates” section (located within the Main Menu of Configurable USB Loader), almost every feature listed within is plagued with issues, compromising functionality.

I will attempt to describe my experiences with each feature in the order they are displayed within the application:

Download Missing Covers: No errors.

Download All Covers: No errors.

Download game information: Successfully downloads wiitdb.zip. “Error opening database, update did not complete.” Proceeds to update titles.txt without errors.

Download Plugins: Successfully updates devolution. Attempts to download mighty plugin and neek2o plugin from homelinux.org. “Errorcode: -116” (since homelinux is dead).

Download Themes: “Checking for themes . . . No themes found.”

Program Updates: Crashes the system—music plays, power button must be held for shutdown, does not require being unplugged. (From what I understand, Configurable USB Loader no longer uses this function, but should it be crashing?)

Within Cheat Management (located within “Manage” for individual games), if I attempt to utilize the “<download .txt>” function, Configurable USB loader seems to have no trouble downloading and saving the cheats file. Then: “Unknown syntax!”

When I proceed to open the file within my computer, it seems to be indicating a 301 error—another hint that Configurable USB loader seems to be using outdated URLs to perform these functions (especially since they used to work).

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Last edited by AngelOfThySword,
Reactions: |<roni&g

AngelOfThySword

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try usb loader gx to see if the same errors occur.
I’ve read good things about USB Loader GX, but am concerned that it may not be as customizable as Configurable USB Loader.

I’m also concerned as to whether it allows for both GameCube and Wii backups to be loaded from a FAT32 formatted USB device, as such is my current setup.

Obviously, I’ve yet to do my homework on USB Loader GX, as I’m so used to Configurable USB Loader.

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg usb loader is what I used on the wii. however, I'm using usb loader gx on the wii u. once you get everything configured, it's great. it can play cube and wii games via fat32. I don't remember cfg usb loader very well, but I think usb loader gx may have more options.

Reactions: AngelOfThySword

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

The Loader itself is still great and works in 99 Percent of Wii the Games.

And as you absolute correctly noticed,some things are "outdated"....

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Download game information: Successfully downloads wiitdb.zip. “Error opening database, update did not complete.” Proceeds to update titles.txt without errors.
Yes.Confirmed.

Download Plugins: Successfully updates devolution. Attempts to download mighty plugin and neek2o plugin from homelinux.org. “Errorcode: -116” (since homelinux is dead).
Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Program Updates: Crashes the system—music plays, power button must be held for shutdown, does not require being unplugged. (From what I understand, Configurable USB Loader no longer uses this function, but should it be crashing?)

Yes,USBLoader freezes.It is not like USBLoader GX that you have stable and actual Updates.
There is no one who still maintains/updates this Loader - > https://gbatemp.net/threads/cfg-usb-loader-70r78-11-released.457422/
(last Update January 2017)

Within Cheat Management (located within “Manage” for individual games), if I attempt to utilize the “&lt;download .txt&gt;” function, Configurable USB loader seems to have no trouble downloading and saving the cheats file. Then: “Unknown syntax!”
Yes.Confirmed.

I think you have to "live" with this Issues (except you are a smart Guy and show your Abilities on Updating the Code and USBLoader.:)).
Or you can try as suggested the USBLoader GX,which is still up to date and a few People here try to "Update" it because our Friend @Cyan is unfortunately unvailable at the Moment.
Or @fledge68 ´s excellent WiiFlow Lite Alternative.Also up to date an has many,many Features.

Thank you.:)

AngelOfThySword

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Loader itself is still great and works in 99 Percent of Wii the Games.

And as you absolute correctly noticed,some things are "outdated"....

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes.Confirmed.

Yes,USBLoader freezes.It is not like USBLoader GX that you have stable and actual Updates.
There is no one who still maintains/updates this Loader - > [hyperlink omitted]
(last Update January 2017)

Within Cheat Management (located within “Manage” for individual games), if I attempt to utilize the “&lt;download .txt&gt;” function, Configurable USB loader seems to have no trouble downloading and saving the cheats file. Then: “Unknown syntax!”
Yes.Confirmed.

I think you have to "live" with this Issues (except you are a smart Guy and show your Abilities on Updating the Code and USBLoader.:)).
Or you can try as suggested the USBLoader GX,which is still up to date and a few People here try to "Update" it because our Friend @Cyan is unfortunately unvailable at the Moment.
Or @fledge68 ´s excellent WiiFlow Lite Alternative.Also up to date an has many,many Features.

Thank you.:)
I’m relieved these issues are not on my end, and am excited to try out the alternatives you’ve mentioned.

Thank you so much for your informative response, as it has been difficult to find any official information regarding precisely what should still be working and what should not.

I knew GBAtemp would be reliable.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I’m relieved these issues are not on my end, and am excited to try out the alternatives you’ve mentioned.

Thank you so much for your informative response, as it has been difficult to find any official information regarding precisely what should still be working and what should not.

I knew GBAtemp would be reliable.

I "stumbled" over this Guide today:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options

There a Sections about changing the URL´s too.
Maybe interesting for you.:)

AngelOfThySword

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I "stumbled" over this Guide today:

[hyperlink omitted]

There a Sections about changing the URL´s too.
Maybe interesting for you.:)
Funny. I’ve been reading that exact guide, as of late.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find anything on updating the URL addresses for plugins, themes, program updates, or cheats.

The guide only seems to mention how to do so for covers and game information—the two functions that are actually using live links.

tempGuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny. I’ve been reading that exact guide, as of late.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find anything on updating the URL addresses for plugins, themes, program updates, or cheats.

The guide only seems to mention how to do so for covers and game information—the two functions that are actually using live links.
Have you found anything yet? From the guide it only talks about changing covers and titles nothing about cheats.

tempGuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over