MrSlippery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of formatting my external hard drive to fat32, and in the mean time, I am trying to figure out what the next step is in getting the backup loader to work on my Wii.

I seem to remember my friend telling me I needed to download a program that puts the ISO's on the hard drive, but I can't seem to find any information like that anywhere. I've looked at the faq's and some of the tutorials, and I don't see any information on what to do after the backup loader has been installed.

I already have the HBC installed (along with the configurable usb backup loader), and in about 30 minutes, my hdd will be ready to go. Can I simply put the games onto the hard drive myself and run them from the backup loader just like that, or is there another step involved?

Basically my question is, what do I need to do (if anything) to put the games on my external hard drive so that they're playable through the Configurable USB backup loader? Thanks,

Slip

MrSlippery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
EDIT: Look here for what to do

I was wrong. You have to convert the ISOs to .wbfs files, and split some games up that are bigger than 4GB after scrubbing.

Thank you TD,

I've progressed a little bit, but I'm still running into a few issues. I'm currently in the process of installing cIOS Xr19, and according to what I'm reading I need to... "Choose IOS36 (or IOS249 if you already had a cIOS). If IOS36 doesn't work, follow a guide to restore the Trucha Bug."

Before this, I had never even heard of the Trucha Bug. I'm still not quite certain what it is, but is it something I WANT, or is that an outdated thing? So, I'm not sure if I should install IOS249 (it's an option I have), or IOS36 and restore the Trucha Bug (assuming I'd ahve to).

Then, after choosing either IOS249 or IOS36, I'm asked to choose a 'base IOS.' I stop here, because I have no idea which option to choose. I'm guessing just the default selection, but I don't want to mess anything up without confirming.

Thanks again for all the help,

Slip

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Here are my suggestions. Use MultiMod Manager to "repair & update" your IOS36. Then install cIOSx with base 37 and use CFG USB Loader 222 version. Default IOS used will be 222 and then you can select IOS 249 for games that uses the second usb port.

Pip'

MrSlippery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Here are my suggestions. Use MultiMod Manager to "repair & update" your IOS36. Then install cIOSx with base 37 and use CFG USB Loader 222 version. Default IOS used will be 222 and then you can select IOS 249 for games that uses the second usb port.

Pip'

Thanks Pip'. Your suggestion seems to make a lot of sense. I don't know much about modding, but I would like to do "the best" thing so that I can easily play games, and I guess that means I have to switch IOS's every once in a while, depending on the game. So, if you're suggestions will allow me to do that. Then, that's what I want to do.

I have a few questions about your suggestion, though. I've downloaded MMM. I'm assuming I put it in the apps folder on the SD card, right? Then, run it from the HBC to "repair & update" my cIOS36.

When you say, "install cIOSx with base 37..." which cIOS version do you think would be best? I see that r19 is the latest, but r17 is "recommended" (according to http://gbatemp.net/t179085-9658-9658-9658-...8-9668#general)

And is the CFG USB Loader 222 Hermes?

Again, I apologize for all the questions, and I'm really trying to figure this out on my own, but I'm really quite strapped for time. I'm moving to Japan soon, and odds are I won't be able to get an internet connection for a month or so, so I'd like to get this done before I leave.

****EDIT****

Never mind... I got it working. Thanks everyone!

Thanks again,

Slip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch