Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

joshysquashy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found a bug:

If you change the sorting order (for example alphibetical) by clicking at the top of the list (where it says ISO Name) and then try renaming files, it can show double entries (one for old, one for new). Even if this doesn't happen, when you eject and re-insert the drive, none of the changes have been applied, the names are still the same.

I'm guessing it is expecting the list order to remain the same, and not be re-sorted. I like having alphabetical order, but understand if it is simpler for you to remove it altogether. Personally I think alphabetical should be the default, not order added.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A "bug", and a couple of questions...

Where are the cover art images locally stored?

In the manager, some of the cover arts are showing as really small images. I would like to replace them with the correct sizes. When I run the "Extract Cover Art" feature, however, the correct sizes are extracted.

Where do the cover art images download from?

Thanks!
yay.gif

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

~/Library/Application Support/WBFS for MacOS X/images

TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
In the manager, some of the cover arts are showing as really small images. I would like to replace them with the correct sizes. When I run the "Extract Cover Art" feature, however, the correct sizes are extracted.

The images aren't actually small, they are just displaying small because of the type of PNG which this manager doesn't interpret properly. What I do is whenever I see one of the small ones, I save it as a clean PNG by opening it in Xee and doing a Save As... and selecting PNG and replacing the old one.

Here is a link to Xee: http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/xee.html

QUOTE(TiMeBoMb4u2 @ Apr 23 2009, 06:30 PM)

They come from here:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

The images aren't actually small, they are just displaying small because of the type of PNG which this manager doesn't interpret properly. What I do is whenever I see one of the small ones, I save it as a clean PNG by opening it in Xee and doing a Save As... and selecting PNG and replacing the old one.

Here is a link to Xee: http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/xee.html

QUOTE(TiMeBoMb4u2 @ Apr 23 2009, 06:30 PM)

They come from here:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/

WOW! Thank you for the GREAT responses!!

yay.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
antiaverage said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Actually... The images are here...
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/WBFS for MacOS X/images

Thanks!
yay.gif

That's exactly what he said.
smile.gif

Was anyone able to use WBFS for Mac with a FireWire HDD? Still doesn't work for me.
frown.gif

wok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I just want to say thanks for all the effort you guys are pouring into creating a mac alternative for wbfs!

Second, I've read through this thread a few times, and I think I may be confused. I've tried formatting my harddrive (WD Passport 160GB) to WBFS with USB Loader 1.5 and while it detects the drive, when it asks to choose a partition it lists 4 partitions and "cannot partition" next to each one even though there should only be one partition. I've tried formatting the drive in multiple ways before attempting that (FAT, HFS+, etc.) with no luck. It looked like at the beginning of this thread that people were able to format their usb drive to WBFS while it was connected to their mac with a binary in the terminal. I've tried this: 1. format drive to have one FAT32 partition 2. run "sudo ./wbfs -p /dev/disk1s3(or what-have-you) init" 3. nothing happens, just get a terminal reprompt.

Long story short, have I followed the correct way to attempt to format the usb drive while its connected to my mac? I know that some usb drives just aren't compatible, but its listed as working here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

any help would be greatly appreciated!

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1100101 said:
antiaverage said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Actually... The images are here...
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/WBFS for MacOS X/images

Thanks!
yay.gif
That's exactly what he said.
smile.gif

Was anyone able to use WBFS for Mac with a FireWire HDD? Still doesn't work for me.
frown.gif
Sorry! You're right! I overlooked the tilda (~) at the beginning!

Thanks!
yay.gif

thomasien

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

Thanks a lot for making a WBFS-Browser for the Mac!

I tried this weekend and it works great!

Mayby it would help to put the up to date download-Link in the first post? I'm not shure wether I'm using the last release, i'm using 1.0...?

Again, thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Thomas

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am so confused. I have a drive. i need to make it WBFS. I have installed the USB Loader 1.5 on the homebrew channel, but keep getting error -6. How do I make my USB drive WBFS on my mac? I'm a very slow learner, so tell me in step-by-step form please.
EX. 1. Open Disk util and click your drive and press cmd-i
2. Copy the drivexsx into terminal, and copy this text: xxxxxxxxx
etc. Thank you for whoever can accuratly explain what I need to do. PPC, 10.5

EDIT: I got the error down to rev - 1, and realized I hadn't installed the IOS. Now I have a new problem. The usb loader works, but when I try to format my HDD, a Lacie 250GB, it says that it cannot be formatted
blink.gif
. I tried both ports and I tried to use my USB thumbstick, by plugging it in going to the "choose partition" screen, and swap the cords, but it didn't work. I can't format the drive on my mac cuz I don't know how. Please help!
wacko.gif

eddanx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seasher said:
thomasien said:
Mayby it would help to put the up to date download-Link in the first post? I'm not shure wether I'm using the last release, i'm using 1.0...?
You're right. I had to reach page #20 to find the version 1.2.

I've updated the first post with a link to the wiki where the latest version can be downloaded.

smk2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the most trouble EVER trying to get this to work with my USB External Drive.

I have installed all the necessary IOSes for the USB Loader to run and what not but, when I format my drive with WBSF on my Windows partition it doesn't look like it did anything to it when I right click it and look at its formatting (it still says NTFS or whatever it is). When I try to use the binary WBFS on the Mac side, I have NO idea what I'm doing and so I gave up on that for now (every time I tried the command line ./wpbfs -p /dev/disk1s1 init it didn't do anything and would say "could not find file or directory" >_

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend you wipe it (or wipe the partition you want to use) to free space and then use the USB loader to format it to wbfs instead.

smk2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psyck0 said:
I'd recommend you wipe it (or wipe the partition you want to use) to free space and then use the USB loader to format it to wbfs instead.

Nope, still didn't work, still hangs.

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've previously read through the last 25 pages and I'm not sure if I've seen this previously mentioned or not.. so excuse me if it has....

I'm on 10.4 and I'm running from the terminal on a version that was posted on this thread somewhere (speciflly stating its was meant for terminal on 10.4). Thing is I'm getting really slow transfer speeds. I've used the GUI on my friends mac and I know that it's much faster, which is odd cause isn't the GUI just a cover for the same program I'm using?

Is there some driver I need to install? It seems like it's running at USB 1.1 instead of 2.0

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smk2: Sounds like your drive may be Apple Partition Map or GUID partitioned if you needed to use MacDrive to even see it. Neither of these will work very well with USBLoader.

Plug your drive into your Mac, open Disk Utility and select the drive itself (not the partition). Go to the Partition tab, set it to 1 partition and hit the "Options" button. Make sure it's MBR formatted and then set it it partition the drive as MS-DOS (FAT).

Then plug the drive into your Wii and use USBLoader to format it properly for WBFS.

TheOtherMii: Make sure you're using /dev/rdiskXsY instead of /dev/diskXsY .. For example: /dev/disk2s1 = slow, /dev/rdisk2s1 = crazy fast.

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it .... sweet thank you.

New question... I'm trying to extract from my WBFS drive to an external drive.... I use this command:

./wbfs -p /dev/rdisk1s1 extract RGVE52 /volumes/WiiBackUp

It try's to start and then I get an error:
0.00% (/) ETA: 0:05:00

0 0xa000db8c
error seeking in written disc file: No space left on device

and then I got an error from the system saying my startup disk was almost full. So even though I have almost 2GB free, it seems it needs to buffer the transfer to my startup disk, correct? An easy fix for me cause I can just boot from m FW drive which has almost 200GB free.... but I was wondering if there was a way around this, or is it just something that's build into the program..... and does this even effect the GUI version?

edit: duh... the program just extracts to the folder it's in.... if I put the program in the external and run it from there it's fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.